PORT A BEST SEAFOOD EATS

LOOKN4REDS
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

PORT A BEST SEAFOOD EATS

Post by LOOKN4REDS »

Haven't been down to Port A in a while. So what's the consensus for seafood dining dinner good food and atmosphere. Thanks for the tips.
Gofish!
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Re: PORT A BEST SEAFOOD EATS

Post by Gofish! »

La Playa Mexican Grill was a recommendation given to me. I went last summer and was impressed. Not exactly traditional seafood, but their seafood dishes are awesome. If you have room their flan is fantastic. Bring cash as they do not accept credit cards.
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by TroutSupport.com »

Can't beat the Boiling Pot in PortA... always a good time and good food.
stryper

Post by stryper »

TroutSupport.com wrote:Can't beat the Boiling Pot in PortA... always a good time and good food.
That place is still open? that boiled pot was great
Yaklash
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Yaklash »

The only Boiling Pot I know of down there is in Rockport - 201 S Fulton Beach Rd
Rockport, TX - love the place if I'm in the mood for a "dump-it-on-the-table" Viet-Cajun seafood boil. Warning - keep the beer/wine consumption in check - the tab can be high enough just on the seafood (totally worth it), but the alcohol tab when you're consuming hot/spicey food can get out of hand at their prices.

But that's a pretty good clip of a drive and a ferry ride away, tho this time of the year, it might be less than an hour...maybe.

I second the La Playa recommendation. Friends that own a condo in Port A always go there when they're down there.
MulletMaster08

Post by MulletMaster08 »

Port A brewing Company. They were listed in Tx monthly to have like the top 20 best burgers in Tx and they weren't lieing, awesome burger. They also brew their own craft beer, which is also pretty good to checkout if you are into that kinda thing.
Attachments
image.jpg
fishnstu

Post by fishnstu »

Does anyone know if these or any other restaurants cook with fresh, never frozen ingredients? I found a dearth of dining establishments that cooked fresh when I visited PA last year.

Stu
Tombo

Post by Tombo »

Few years ago we had a very good meal at Virginia's. On the water but don't know if its still there.
on a mission
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by on a mission »

MulletMaster08 wrote:Port A brewing Company. They were listed in Tx monthly to have like the top 20 best burgers in Tx and they weren't lieing, awesome burger. They also brew their own craft beer, which is also pretty good to checkout if you are into that kinda thing.

This^ Lil touristy, but worth the stop. Their 8.1% hits the spot.
JMS

Post by JMS »

I second Port A Brewing CO
toby1kanobie

Post by toby1kanobie »

Wife and I went to La Playa in October. Spectacular Shrimp Ceviche! Cash only place though.
LOOKN4REDS
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by LOOKN4REDS »

GREAT JOB guys. I should have a nice selection this weekend. Appreciate the help.
rockportkayak
Location: Rockport,TX---Viking Reload,Viking 400 Lite, Viking 2plus1

Post by rockportkayak »

Trout St. for seafood... their "boiling pot" is called Crazy Cajun.. Weds go to Kody's for the prime rib special.. Coffee Waves for awesome gelato.. Moby Dicks for good food and fun family environment... Wintons for some homemade candy.. Taqueria San Juan is delicious...
lurejunkee
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by lurejunkee »

Virginia's is great for seafood and the Brewing Co. is good for everything else but mexican food.
Stinkbait

Post by Stinkbait »

Beach and Station Street Grill has awesome seafood. The owner told me that he buys his seafood locally, from local fishermen, not from US Foods (or other major food suppliers) like most other seafood places on the coast. They are located at the corner of Beach and Station street, directly across the street from the Crazy Cajun. When I want good seafood at the coast, this is where I go. Good luck.
LOOKN4REDS
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by LOOKN4REDS »

TTT
osofaraway

Post by osofaraway »

Stinkbait wrote:Beach and Station Street Grill has awesome seafood. The owner told me that he buys his seafood locally, from local fishermen, not from US Foods (or other major food suppliers) like most other seafood places on the coast. They are located at the corner of Beach and Station street, directly across the street from the Crazy Cajun. When I want good seafood at the coast, this is where I go. Good luck.
Don't eat there it sucks! :wink:
aggiejon

Post by aggiejon »

Shells. Little place in a gray wood building off 11th avenue. Make a shrimp pasta that has red pepper and sauce. Will change your world. They have weird hours and aren't open every day. But great. San Juan is great too. Excellent fish tacos.
Thinwater skinner
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Thinwater skinner »

If you rent a place with a kitchen you want to fix your own,,, Then to to the PollyAnna shrimp boat at the docks and buy by the pound... Fresh and real good shrimp.

Good Luck