Summer trip advice

Lreynolds

Summer trip advice

Post by Lreynolds »

My cousin and I are going to do 3 or 4 three day trips this summer starting in June. We are going to be Bass fishing and are trying to pick some good locations. We're Looking for places with cabanas/ screened in shelters or even camp sights if the fishing is really good not trying to float for miles just wanna stay in one spot and fish. Rivers or Lakes really doesn't matter. Just want to relax and catch some fish. He's in The Fort Worth area and I'm close to San Angelo. We Don't mind driving some but don't wanna go all the way East. And unfortunately were not ready for the Devils river yet. So if anyone would be willing to share any advice on good bodies of water or places to stay it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance Lance Reynolds
Slayton

Re: Summer trip advice

Post by Slayton »

Brown wood Lake.
Lreynolds

Post by Lreynolds »

Brownwood sounds like a good one thanks!
teenfisherman

Post by teenfisherman »

No clue about the largemouth fishing, but the white bass and striper fishing has been fantastic out at possum kingdom this last year from what I've heard. Lots of places to stay on that lake!
Lreynolds

Post by Lreynolds »

Thanks guys
Slayton

Post by Slayton »

We use Brownwood State Park alot. It has screened shelters or cabins. Or plan ole tent camping. Very nice launch sites and great crappie/ white bass fishing.

Rusty
Lreynolds

Post by Lreynolds »

Thanks Rusty! I really like fishing Brownwood out of my bass boat guess it's time to check it out in the Kayak. Keep them coming guys!
teenfisherman

Post by teenfisherman »

Slayton wrote:We use Brownwood State Park alot. It has screened shelters or cabins. Or plan ole tent camping. Very nice launch sites and great crappie/ white bass fishing.

Rusty
It's been a long time since I've been to Brownwood. How's the catfishing? Is the water still super stained like it used to be?
texnomad
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by texnomad »

Brownwood is 12.47 feet low at this time.