Port A Jetties Sat AM

Poolio

Port A Jetties Sat AM

Post by Poolio »

Hey all, anyone down to hit the Port A jetties Sat AM? I'll be headed out in time to hit the water at daylight. Reports of Smacks and Kings at the jetties in the BTB section :mrgreen: .

-Poo
wisocrazy

Re: Port A Jetties Sat AM

Post by wisocrazy »

Good luck out there. Wish I could join but spring ball for my boy is up and running so my fishing is put on hold for now. On the bright side, he's my fishin buddy as well so if he wants to go fishin in the afternoon, then a fishin we are goin. :dance:
SAHunter1983
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by SAHunter1983 »

Maybe depending on the weather.
Poolio

Post by Poolio »

SAHunter1983 wrote:Maybe depending on the weather.
Shoot me a text if you're down
jakec1

Post by jakec1 »

Considering it -
SAHunter1983
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by SAHunter1983 »

We are here. Gonna be a windy *****! Lets hope it pans out.
Tombo

Post by Tombo »

Yesterday a group of fly fishers caught about 60 Spanish Macs from the Jetties, surf side.
Poolio

Post by Poolio »

It was WINDY!!!! And the water was super clear outside the wash, it was one of the most defined color changes I've ever seen. I was in 12 FOW off the North jetty and could clearly see the spades, triggers, and sheepies swimming around the rocks; this alone made the trip worth it. Today would've been a banner day for spearin' at the jetties. I ended up with 1 Smack for some Ceviche and a great workout. Many people were hammering the sheepies on shrimp, they were not having any of my arties. Water temp on the gulf side was 68-69 degrees. Can't wait for the next good weather day!!
jakec1

Post by jakec1 »

Thx for the report Poolio.

Myself and a couple buddies are heading down PINS exploring weekend after Easter if weather permits.
coast2coastdesigns

Post by coast2coastdesigns »

I plan on playing hooky from work and heading down Saturday morning as well. Looks like it may be a little wet, but the fishing looks like it should be pretty good. Not exactly sure where I'll be though. May just play it by ear and see what I can figure out. It'll be my first outing in the heritage 14 that I just picked up a couple weeks ago. It'd be cool to try a little btb action though.

**Just saw this was a post from last week.** oh well. It should still be a great weekend away.
castin4fish

Post by castin4fish »

Good luck Coast2coastdesigns. I would really like to hit the coast also. but waiting on the weather. May go to Goose Island.