Lure tournament on Nasworthy?

Andersgear

Lure tournament on Nasworthy?

Post by Andersgear »

Thinking about having a lure tournament this Sunday the 19th of April. Anyone interested? I'm thinking CPR from 7am till 3pm and meet on the ram at the old WTU intake. Post here and if I get a few guys we'll have it.
Aggroman
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Re: Lure tournament on Nasworthy?

Post by Aggroman »

I wish I could, but it won't work for me this weekend. Work is crazy, and i've got some obligations I can't get away from at church that morning. Saturdays are always out for me because of work, so when I saw Sunday, I got excited. lol. Another time maybe. Good luck.

Scott
Andersgear

Post by Andersgear »

If this one doesn't work out I'll re-schedul it. I'm not set on anything. I just want to try this CPR style. I've not fished a tournament since my bass boat and bass club days. Is it safe to post my phone number here?
Aggroman
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Aggroman »

Last time I posted my number here, I had a number of phone calls late at night with nothing but heavy breathing on the other end. Then the last time they called I heard someone in the background say, "Bill, what are you doing?" and then they hung up quick. :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Just kidding, it should be fine. And yes, I would be interested in a future tourney.
Andersgear

Post by Andersgear »

I just found out about one in the rivers below nasworthy to bell stree on May 2nd. It's a lure tournament and you meet at Happy trails at 6:30am to get you special toke for the CPR. I'll get more info later.
chi-djm

Post by chi-djm »

I have yet to launch my kayak this year (first it was cold, then work sucked, then I was out of town for a month, now my car's been in the shop for a while....)

I don't have a ride, but if someone could pick up and drop of a 12' Tarpon with angler, I'm totally in.
MWS65

Post by MWS65 »

Most post get hijacked or derailed on here so I have been reluctant to post on what we have been doing or working on TKF. This is a rough draft of the flyer that we are working on and will be out later this week.
Mike

KAYAK Bass Tournament
lures tournament May 2 2015
Entry fee will be one new lure
Meet at Happy Trails 0600
Start time for fishing will be 0630 end time1330
pictures turn in at Happy Trails at 1400
This will be a in town river tournament.
From below Lake Nasworthy to Bell St.
launch points must be public

The tournament format will be:
This is a Catch Photo and Release (CPR) tournament.
There is a FIVE fish limit.
Black Bass must be a minimum of 14 inches long to qualify.
Unique identifiers for each angler will be handed out at the beginning of the tournament.
The winner is the angler that catch the highest inch total between five fish in the tournament.
Winner takes all the lures for the tournament!

The measurement guidelines are:
Hawg Trough Measuring Board is the only measuring board allowed
(If you need a measuring board for the tournament they are available at Happy trails and on line)
Fish must be photographed facing to the left of the image with the dorsal fin pointing up.
The fishes mouth must be closed or a .5 inch deduction will taken off the anglers total for each fish that is photographed with it's mouth open.
The fishes tail must be laying flat on the measuring board, a slight pinch in the tail of the fish is acceptable.
The anglers identifier must be visible in the image with the fish.
Digital cameras and Cell phone pictures will be allowed
Andersgear

Post by Andersgear »

Thanks a ton ^^!!
Aggroman
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Aggroman »

MWS65 wrote:Most post get hijacked or derailed on here.
Sorry Mike, I will have to strongly disagree with you there. I believe we are one of the more focused groups.

Hey, did anyone catch the season premiere of Deadliest Catch? It was pretty good, even though I grow weary of all the Naked and Afraid commercials.

:D
nmYAK4fish

Post by nmYAK4fish »

Way to go MWS65 & San Angelo! Its good to see the west texas tournament scene growing! I've been thinking of a few west Texas chapters or clubs holding a championship with their top 5 in points, after their club tournaments.
Bigrock
TKF 6000 Club
TKF 6000 Club

Post by Bigrock »

Man, I'm baseballin' that weekend.
MWS65 wrote:Most post get hijacked or derailed on here so I have been reluctant to post on what we have been doing or working on TKF

Barnacle Bill
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Barnacle Bill »

Aggroman wrote:Last time I posted my number here, I had a number of phone calls late at night with nothing but heavy breathing on the other end. Then the last time they called I heard someone in the background say, "Bill, what are you doing?" and then they hung up quick. :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Just kidding, it should be fine. And yes, I would be interested in a future tourney.

I TOLD Salma to stop talking while I was calling you!!!
GCARR

Post by GCARR »

Me and Alpo are down for May 2nd