lightest kayak you can stand up in

not2shabby

Re: lightest kayak you can stand up in

Post by not2shabby »

Not many people talk about them, but FeelFree makes some good yaks which are wide and stable. I stand and pole around in my Moken, almost every flats trip. It's not a fast kayak, but it's really comfortable to stand in. Comes in just shy of 61lbs.
osochuck
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by osochuck »

Ultimate
bporter96

Post by bporter96 »

have u looked into the cuda lt?
Reel Yakkers

Post by Reel Yakkers »

I have a Hobie Revo to fish the bays and I just bought a Diablo Paddlesports Adios to fish the shallows. It weighs 69 lbs. and is 36 in. wide/12'5" long. Not many other boats that can get as shallow and are stable as this one...
yaks.jpg
Mike_in_Houston

Post by Mike_in_Houston »

chironomid wrote:Michang5 is that a Slayer 10 propel you're talking about? I don't see the 10 without the propel option...

Looking at the Native Versaboard possibly.

The smallest Diablo looks nice too, it is super wide. How well does it paddle?
I don't know if you have made up your mind yet or not, and i am BRAND NEW to kayak fishing so my advice may not be worth much ...

I got in a kayak for the first time in my life today. It was something I have been wanting to try for quite a while and finally pulled the trigger on what i thought was a pretty good deal. After 20 minutes or so of paddling around, i decided to give standing a try, as the kayak i purchased is marketed as a kayak that is easy to stand up in. They were right. Nice strong center strap that felt very solid and i had no problem at all standing up and paddling. I traveled a total of about 2 miles (not standing) and it was very easy to paddle ... i was not tired at all.

Perception Striker 11.5 academy has a sale on them through July 25 (tomorrow) for $100 off. Best $400 i have ever spent. I had a blast.

http://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/percept ... id=1444364" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
chironomid

Post by chironomid »

Thanks for all of the ideas.

Going to check out a few and try to hit a demo day too. I'll ask ACK SA to make sure some of these are included.

Todd