TroutSupport DVDs - Review

TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Re: TroutSupport DVDs - Review

Post by TroutSupport.com »

So we've had several reviews come in on the site about the DVD's saying things like "it's like a getting hit with a firehose of good information", "be ready to take notes because it's like getting unloaded on with a machine gun for 2 hours with so much helpful well organized information"... here's the latest one in that category

"These DVD's have so much information they will make you go cross eyed... Not to worry, the more you watch them the more you can apply it on the water. These DVD's are a wonderful resource." -Wilson P
always lookin

Post by always lookin »

Would love to be able to afford them heard wonderful things. With 3 kids and limited income just can't seem to be able to :(
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

I gotcha man... we're all pulled and tugged with life these days.

one at a time... save your money up, just try to save $10 per week. Heck I see guys making mistakes and going fishing continuing to use there same old pattern and not catching what they should thinking that they can't afford the DVDs... and going over and over and over with catching a dink trout, a hardhead, and a couple little rat reds. Most people could buy the redfish dvd if they just skipped 2 trips ...it's hot outside, stay around the house and do something with the family and then next thing you know is you're watching the vid and learning. Tell momma it's the fishing education that you'll be able to teach the kids so they can catch more fish. I wish I would have had something like this when I was a kid, or if they are too young now then they'll get there soon enough and you'll be all the more a better fisherman by then.

Value... that Shallow Water Redfish DVD on Marsh and Grass flats has many many years of experience (some say nearly 20 years; let's just say at least 12years on the water experience, between the 5 guides recorded in it and me that's probably well over $3000 in trips. and we discuss the essentials and show aerials and graphics ...it's almost all instruction except the fish that get caught to drive that point home. ....think how that could benefit you and your kids in enjoying their time in the outdoors.

TKF discount code is TKVA147 ....10% off and you can call me anytime for tweeting your game plan. I'm really here just to help you guys catch more fish and have fun.

tobin
tobin@troutsupport.com
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

This came in on Facebook from Ken Frank

"Best source for great info on the market. It helps take what you know and piece it all together."

Thanks Ken we appreciate the kudos. the 4pack is killer for that and it helps to see it all just like you said...it ties it all together.
Reel Yakkers

Post by Reel Yakkers »

These wouldn't happen to be available for digital download would they?
always lookin

Post by always lookin »

Thanks Tobin, I am going to get a couple but have to wait for a while my wife doesn't work unless the GISD schools are in session. Once she is back at it and we get caught up with things it will be done. I am able to get out quite a bit and am trying different things almost every time. Using a lot of my old bass fishing methods(just different lures) have been pretty productive. I will be getting the dvd's but in the meantime trial and error is teaching me. I look forward to actually learning from the pro's Thanks for all you do in advance of my purchase. Mike
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Thanks 'Always'. It's all good brotha. I know how it feels to have other financial responsibilities.

If you've ever fished for bass in a river, think of that system and start applying that. With the current in the bays, it's more like a very wide river with just a little current...but the fish will set up in similar manner.

Have fun.
t
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

This testimonial came in on the site in the last couple of days from Mike W. -

"Considered purchsing the videos for about 3 months. Finally broke down and purchased a couple of them. Cannot believe the amount of information that's spread throughout each video. Will definitely make a difference in my future spec and redfish outings."

Thanks Mike, we appreciate the kudos and props. We really wanted to make something that really informed and gave anglers many methods to duplicate while on the water.
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Here's another testimonial that came in on the website

This one is from Mike Watts (verified buyer).
Rating: Five Stars
Titled - Trout Support Videos are awsome! 08/13/15
"Considered purchsing the videos for about 3 months. Finally broke down and purchased a couple of them. Cannot believe the amount of information that's spread throughout each video. Will definitely make a difference in my future spec and redfish outings".

Thanks for the acknowledgement Mike. We went out to create a whole new instructional fishing DVD series that really gave the angler many methods to take with them on the water to duplicate. Feel free to contact us any time.
tobin@troutsupport.com
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Here's another note that came in on the site from Michael M.

"great info 08/21/15
Can watch 3-4 times and still learn. Just need to get on the water now"
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Yet another testimonial from on the site. These come in about weekly via email.

This one was from Willie Olvera after watching the 3 pak

Really good videos. Learning a 08/26/15
5 stars.
"Really good videos. Learning a lot and more aware of my surroundings on the water now"

So what are the TroutSupport videos. They are not fishing videos! They are not even a seminar in a box. They are more like a semester at fishing college and the lecture was recorded and you get to watch them over and over before the test. The lecture includes on the water video to train your eyes what to see, and graphics to explain how to react to it and focus in on what you need to. Basically see into the mind of the advanced angler and be able to duplicate it on the water. The guys that have gotten the most out of them and become the most consistent anglers watch them before and after every trip.
Tobin@troutsupport.com
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Here's a note that came in on a different Forum...

from Hooked on Salt on here

"BTW - the videos are great. I was watching the bay redfish video on the plane a few weeks back and the dude next to me commented that your video was the most detailed he had ever seen. Passed your info along. Cannot wait for the next one."

LOL.. I think that's the best unsolicited review we've ever had...from the guy on the airplane no less. Love it.
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

one came in from Facebook today...

From Ryan Payne...
'This is a shout out to Tobin Strickland at http://troutsupport.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; I bought his dvds a few weeks ago and have been catching more fish already. I emailed him yesterday with a picture of an area I'm going to fish tomorrow and he emailed me back this morning with way more info then I could have ever expected.
He sets the standard in customer service and is an all around good guy. If you want to catch more fish and have been looking for more information on where fish are and why. These are the best money can buy for any gulf coast angler. I would buy more but I bought all 4 the first time."

Glad we could support you Ryan. Go Get'em bro!tha!
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

More coming in on facebook..

From Galveston Fpscheats ....."if anyone can point you in the right direction for catching Redfish and Speckled Trout.......Tobin is the one to ask. I am older than Moses and I even picked up some stuff I had forgot thanks to his videos!!!"

Thanks FPS Cheats. I also give a lot of props to the guys in the DVD to. There are some really smart guides in the redfish DVDs that have shared a lot of information generously... Steve Soule, Hackberry Rod and Gun, Capt Chuck Uzzle in Sabine, and Capt Ernest Cisneros in the Lower Laguna. All combined it's quite a lineup.
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Steven Mohr purchased the Shallow reds DVD and this is what he said in a PM...

"Thanks for the advice. Very impressed with it so far and cant wait to get back on the water"
Steven
StevenM
Location: Fredericksburg and Aransas Pass Texas Wilderness Ride 135

Post by StevenM »

Finally finished watching the Redfish DVD last night.Took me a while because I kept going back to watch parts and write things down. As stated earlier be ready to take notes.
Money well spent.The wifes comment was "I cant believe you spent $35 on a fishing video". Her attitude has changed now that she's seen it. Several times last night she said "write that down". Then she got online to see what others were available.
Thanks for a great product Tobin
Those elusive Rockport-Aransas Pass Redfish are in trouble in a coupe weeks
Yaklash
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Yaklash »

StevenM wrote:Finally finished watching the Redfish DVD last night.Took me a while because I kept going back to watch parts and write things down....
Man, ain't that the truth. :lol: I think I averaged 3 hours to get through to the end of any of the DVDs - the arrow on the rewind button of my remote has been worn off.

By the way, Tobin, the nephew I gave the big trout DVD to last Christmas has finally had some time away from work to fish the last few months. He's been taking his friends out on his boat (out of Charlie's most times) and their trips over the last few months have been, in his words, "way better since I watched that video about 6 times. All my other friends have been wanting to go now that I put a couple of guys on their personal best trout."

That's good for him, it's a compliment to you, but it sucks for me. I have been trying to get out with him for 3 years (since he got that boat). Now I doubt he'll ever take me.... :(
Nando_Rocket_Man

Post by Nando_Rocket_Man »

Hey Tobin,
I've heard and read so many great things about the Trout Support videos! I haven't been kayak fishing long but these videos seem like just the tool I need to shorten the learning curve. I'm picking a set soon for by birthday but was wondering if yall had any plans on making a video for Flounder?
Claybob

Post by Claybob »

I just ordered the Shallow Redfish Video, can't wait to start learning.

Hopefully I'll be able to post a success story of my own! lol
StevenM

Post by StevenM »

Claybob wrote:I just ordered the Shallow Redfish Video, can't wait to start learning.

Hopefully I'll be able to post a success story of my own! lol
You'll be impressed
Down time between trips will be productive
Yaklash
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Yaklash »

Nando_Rocket_Man wrote:Hey Tobin,
I've heard and read so many great things about the Trout Support videos! I haven't been kayak fishing long but these videos seem like just the tool I need to shorten the learning curve. I'm picking a set soon for by birthday but was wondering if yall had any plans on making a video for Flounder?
Hey Nando, just to be sure you know, these DVDs apply to any kind of fishing platform you use to get on the water - walk-in wading, power boat, kayak, & you could probably apply the info to bank fishing or pier fishing if you were so inclined......

......I am waiting to hear the answer on the flounder DVD question :D
StevenM

Post by StevenM »

......I am waiting to hear the answer on the flounder DVD question :D[/quote]

+1
Flounder have historically been pretty elusive for me
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

It's going slowly on the flounder DVD. We have some good footage, and have other projects currently being worked on. I wanted to get to it for this fall, and it looks like it will be sometime next year. It takes a lot of time to make one to the level we do. 9-months full time editing.
StevenM

Post by StevenM »

TroutSupport.com wrote:It's going slowly on the flounder DVD. We have some good footage, and have other projects currently being worked on. I wanted to get to it for this fall, and it looks like it will be sometime next year. It takes a lot of time to make one to the level we do. 9-months full time editing.
I'm sure it will be worth the wait
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

I'm doing a shoot in a week at a pool with Chicken Boy. That should be the last shoot.

Here's another note than came in on the site about the DVD's from Mark Wood.

"The videos were very informative 09/22/15

The videos were very informative and well put together. Anyone new to fishing should cut their learning curve in half by watching these videos. However they must put in the time on the water to be successful. Great job, tight lines." Mark Wood.