Blues are Hitting at Cali 11/10

castin4fish

Blues are Hitting at Cali 11/10

Post by castin4fish »

Trolled rattletraps all over lake no luck. Since I had talapia I decided to fish the Cali Cat hole. Monster blues on the move is all I can say. Lost a size similar to this one in pic. Ended with this 30lb plus one 15lb and two 8lbs. numerous 2-3lb channels.
Hadn't had luck all summer.. finally got fish in the freezer for winter.
Attachments
12241486_1159949780699591_6552660825800457763_n.jpg
iron shore

Re: Blues are Hitting at Cali 11/10

Post by iron shore »

WOW what a pig :clap:
holdem

Post by holdem »

Whoohoo !! That'll stretch yore line. Congratulations !
Remus

Post by Remus »

Congratulations!
Poolio

Post by Poolio »

That's a hoss! Nice fish. Sweet rod holder too!
Remus

Post by Remus »

When do we start? I anxious to get started.

Call me.

Remus
castin4fish

Post by castin4fish »

Remus wrote:When do we start? I anxious to get started.

Call me.

Remus
Im watchin weather for this weekend. Sure would like to catch the catfish spawn on shore like we did couple years ago. I remember RickR saying mid Feb. Haven't seen any stripper reports yet.
Jimbo_47
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Jimbo_47 »

Hey guys, it's been a while!
I had back surgery at the end of Oct. and I haven't been able to hunt or fish very much since.
I went out with the neighbor yesterday for the first time this year, and I took my 14' fishing boat and we hit the Nueces at the Airport ramp yesterday.
There were several kayakers and only one other jon boat on the river and we went upstream about three miles to the big sand bar (as far as I could go with my boat) and limited out with 50 large whites and one 3# largemouth my partner caught. We caught a ton of small ones we had to throw back, but it was a great day to be out with the perfect weather and beautiful scenery. We used mostly white curly tail roadrunners.
The river is up about as high as it's been in past years but it's changed a lot due to the flooding where new sand bars pop up and old ones get washed away, and if you've been there in the recent past, as in during the last run, it won't look the same so just a heads up.
What I like about the river is it's full of catfish as well. Although I took my catfish rod and reel the fishing was too fast on the whites that I didn't get a chance to use it. Find a little eddy below the rapids and it's money.
I know Rick will be glad to hear this report.
Go get um guys, it's a blast!
castin4fish

Post by castin4fish »

Jimbo_47 wrote:Hey guys, it's been a while!
I had back surgery at the end of Oct. and I haven't been able to hunt or fish very much since.
I went out with the neighbor yesterday for the first time this year, and I took my 14' fishing boat and we hit the Nueces at the Airport ramp yesterday.
There were several kayakers and only one other jon boat on the river and we went upstream about three miles to the big sand bar (as far as I could go with my boat) and limited out with 50 large whites and one 3# largemouth my partner caught. We caught a ton of small ones we had to throw back, but it was a great day to be out with the perfect weather and beautiful scenery. We used mostly white curly tail roadrunners.
The river is up about as high as it's been in past years but it's changed a lot due to the flooding where new sand bars pop up and old ones get washed away, and if you've been there in the recent past, as in during the last run, it won't look the same so just a heads up.
What I like about the river is it's full of catfish as well. Although I took my catfish rod and reel the fishing was too fast on the whites that I didn't get a chance to use it. Find a little eddy below the rapids and it's money.
I know Rick will be glad to hear this report.
Go get um guys, it's a blast!
Let me know when ya go and need a partner to help with the boat. Oh and the catching fish too. lol. Not sure when I will go. Reports are the boat traffic is bad on weekends. Friend kayaker almost got hit on a blind turn. PB racing up river. I can take off of work if I get a days notice. Great report. Im looking at Rebecca Creek action. Not much yet I hear.
Jimbo_47
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Jimbo_47 »

I usually make about three trips down there a year and I can't remove my boat cover without my neighbor coming over to see what I'm doing. :lol:

I've fished that river for over 40 years even back in the day where only the locals and hard corps fishermen knew about that white bass run up the Nueces, and I remember the days before the internet that I'd be the only boat on the river....Those days are long gone now, and folks go way too fast trying to get up to their favorite spot.
Kayakers are hard to see, and there are plenty of blind spots where you can get run over, so if you are fishing out of a kayak, you had better keep your ears open for the sound of an outboard because they either won't see you, or think you can move fast enough to get out of the way.
It's a long 3 mile paddle to get to the rapids if you launch from the Airport ramp, and right now the fish aren't in the river thick since it's still a little early for large numbers of fish to move in, but you have to be alert and watch out for the power boats even during the week but much more on the weekends especially.
The Canyon run should be starting up about mid February by my records and the boat traffic should be pretty heavy on the Guadalupe as well. I remember one year I was way up river at the rapids tied up to the shore and the river wasn't twenty feet wide and two jet skiers came and passed between me and the opposite bank running wide open throttle, so boat traffic is just something that we have to deal with. :|
castin4fish

Post by castin4fish »

My son went to Rebecca today and no one was catching anything. I actually drove by ramp 11 on my way to the ranch. Chose peace and quiet to spot fighting fishermen. :lol:
Remus

Post by Remus »

I went to Cali today and fish for a couple of hours with no luck. BTW I can also take a day off during the week if with a couple of days notice. I'm also trying to learn how to fly fish.

Remus