First timer here

ATXflyguy83

First timer here

Post by ATXflyguy83 »

I've decided to finally pull the trigger and purchase a kayak. As soon as I finish making my roof rack, I plan on getting myself a Wilderness Systems Tarpon 100 within the next week or two. I just thought I'd hop on here to meet new people. I'd love to partake in any overnight camping trips if there are any around the Austin area. I really enjoy fly fishing and I'm looking forward to opening up my options to do said fishing.

I'm also looking forward to finally keeping some of the catches to take home for dinner. If there are any recommendations for coolers, I'm all ears, especially if there are any that can be kept in the hull.

Anywho, howdy all.
texnomad
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Re: First timer here

Post by texnomad »

Some of the insulated fish bags might be able to cram into the hull area but likely with fish inside it will be on top carry in a small yak. I am a short yak fan myself.
ATXflyguy83

Post by ATXflyguy83 »

Yeah I figured it may be a stretch. I'm just worried about that Texas sun blazing down on it, but surely a standard cooler will keep for the day. I suppose I can keep some backup ice in the vehicle just in case.
Welderdude

Post by Welderdude »

I don't fly fish, but do hit the rivers around austin alot...always like to have others join and share the fun. PM me if you want to meet up and fish
Z~MAN
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club
Location: RGV,Brownsville,Texas,Kayak: hobie revo-Let's Go Fishin..Coco.!

Post by Z~MAN »

Welcome !

As for cooler bags I use the red Heb bag with some frozen water bottles
They last in my neck of the woods,......Deep South Texas....LLM!

Let's go Fishin....coco!
Z-man