Help, 2 Veterans first time out (Calaveras / Braunig)

Fishhunter7

Help, 2 Veterans first time out (Calaveras / Braunig)

Post by Fishhunter7 »

My buddy and I just bought kayaks, we are both disabled veterans looking to start kayak fishing. We are going to either Calaveras or Braunig tomorrow (still undecided). Does anyone have any pointers, tips or recommendations on which lake would be better? Is anyone planning on being out tomorrow, May 5th, that wouldn't mind giving some pointers. We both picked up Ocean Kayak Big Game II that aren't rigged yet. If you see us out tomorrow, we're open to suggestions/advice.
Attachments
Maiden Voyage.jpg
Last edited by Fishhunter7 on Wed May 04, 2016 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tombo

Re: Maiden Voyage 5/5/2016 (Calaveras / Braunig)

Post by Tombo »

I would suggest you edit your title to include the word help and veterans. I first thought this was a report. Just a thought as we are always willing to help our vets.
BTW, thanks for your service.
Tom
Fishhunter7

Re: Help, 2 Veterans first time out (Calaveras / Braunig)

Post by Fishhunter7 »

Thanks, made changes to title
Tombo

Post by Tombo »

If you need help in Rockport, send me a PM.
Fishhunter7

Post by Fishhunter7 »

Thanks, we are definitely gonna be heading that way sometime late May or Early June. Fishing Saltwater on Kayak was the main reason for going with the Big Game II. I'll let you know when we can confirm a date and maybe you could give us some tips/pointers, or help us find a fish or two. Moved to Texas almost 10 years ago with saltwater fishing in mind. Because of military/health issues still haven't been there yet. But its gonna happen, soon.
Roy

Post by Roy »

Looking forward to the report from your trip! There are quite a few seasoned Braunig/Cali vets in this group and I've learned quite a bit by reading a lot of their past fishing reports. I've even tagged along on a few occasions for some great fun! Good luck fellas
Remus

Post by Remus »

If you are a veteran with a 60% or higher disability ratng you qualify for complimentary entrance. Bring your VA letter.

Qualified Disabled U.S. Military Veteran (60+) shall be provided free entrance and free boat launch for boat owned by disabled veteran.

REMUS
Remus

Post by Remus »

Catfish and Reds is the name of the game.

I recommend that you bring a 10lbs weight and a rope to be used as an anchor. We all share our experiences on this website.

Lots of experience to be gained.

HR