Tides and Keith Lake

Piscator
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Tides and Keith Lake

Post by Piscator »

Observations over the last couple of months: for Keith Lake there is a 6 hour delay in the tide changes recorded for Sabine Pass North. The Keith Lake tides are more in line with the Rainbow Bridge. If you think about it, the fish pass is about as far from the causeway as the Rainbow Bridge.

Another observation is I can not buy a fish in the evening in Keith Lake.
MulletMaster08

Re: Tides and Keith Lake

Post by MulletMaster08 »

I read a study from the mid 90's and from Mesquite point, which is the causeway, a full high tide it would take like 3-4 hours to reach the mouth of the Neches, like a full hour to south levy, 2-3 hours to hit the very tip of pleasure island. Very interesting study to read...

I cant believe you cant get anything at KL in the evening.... should be able to find something out there. This summer bite has been weird though
bigun
Location: Vidor,TX...FTU Pro Staff...Native Watercraft Pro Staff

Post by bigun »

I have yet to hear any good reports from Keith lake in over month, I've heard some reports from Bessie Heights and some good trout reports from the lake with most of the trout being small school trout
Piscator
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Piscator »

I fished the north west end of Keith Lake and a good part of Grays Bayou Saturday morning. Dead as any water I have ever seen. I caught 26 inch red on a Spit n Image about 7:00. Saw one wake just before that and saw one blow up on a bank about 11:00 and caught it. A 20 inch red. Saw no bait jump the whole morning and just the one blow up.

Made a run to Meyers and did even see mullet.

Fished Keith Lake Pass and the LNG harbor Saturday evening then the pass and ran to the Taylor's Outfall Canals Sunday evening. I think I caught a 10 inch red both trips. Saw one shrimp jump over the two evenings. Too windy to run to the marshes.

I will concentrate on Bessie Heights and do a lot of exploring there.
bigun
Location: Vidor,TX...FTU Pro Staff...Native Watercraft Pro Staff

Post by bigun »

I work with a guy that fishes Bessie Heights all the time, he throws two baits in there a 1/4 oz gold weedless spoon and a redfish magic with about three different colors of paddle tails all dark colors

he said he concentrates on fishing structure around the main canals and does really good on the reds and flounder