Tires for Rack n Roll trailer

Tombo

Tires for Rack n Roll trailer

Post by Tombo »

I need two tires for my Rack n Roll trailer. Size 3.25 x 16. I purchased replacement tires from Yakima couple years ago and am not happy with tire wear. Looking for alternative tires.
Earl
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Re: Tires for Rack n Roll trailer

Post by Earl »

This should work for you.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005D ... UTF8&psc=1

I used these when I had sportsrig trailer. Good speed rating and rode fine for me with no issues.

Earl
Tombo

Post by Tombo »

Thank you for your input.
Tombo

Post by Tombo »

I bought two tires from a different company through Amazon. The tires you recommended looked good but little wider than stock.
Mullet Key

Post by Mullet Key »

Hmm, I replaced mine with the ones offered by Yakima about 6 months ago. I'll have to keep an eye on them.
impulse

Post by impulse »

I'm curious...

I've seen these trailers and have a few questions.

1) How do they track- do they bounce around? They look so light that I can envision them bouncing around on railroad tracks and potholes and super windy days.

2) What are the safety and liability and insurance issues running a trailer on tires that aren't designed (or DOT certified) for use on a trailer?

I realize those may seem to be loaded questions, but mostly that's my little pinhead doing some "awfulizing" and envisioning a worst case scenario, like where an insurance company tells you your coverage is void because your tires weren't DOT trailer tires (if that really happens, I don't have a clue- but I'm not a fan of insurance companies)
Tombo

Post by Tombo »

impulse wrote:I'm curious...

I've seen these trailers and have a few questions.

1) How do they track- do they bounce around? They look so light that I can envision them bouncing around on railroad tracks and potholes and super windy days.

If anything these trailers ride better than my vehicle I am towing with. I have watched through my rear view mirror after driving over bumps, potholes and rail tracks. The suspension takes up the impact and the kayak is the better for it.

2) What are the safety and liability and insurance issues running a trailer on tires that aren't designed (or DOT certified) for use on a trailer?

That is a question better asked of the manufacturer or the insurance company and is a question I would like to see the answer.

I realize those may seem to be loaded questions, but mostly that's my little pinhead doing some "awfulizing" and envisioning a worst case scenario, like where an insurance company tells you your coverage is void because your tires weren't DOT trailer tires (if that really happens, I don't have a clue- but I'm not a fan of insurance companies)