New Shop in Austin

NBDK

New Shop in Austin

Post by NBDK »

Good evening all, I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Forrest, my business partner and I started No Bad Days Kayak at the tail end of 2019. Our whole idea was to bring the best customer service experience to central Texas, hence the name. 2020 came around and threw some pretty big monkey wrenches at us, but we soldiered on. With the news we all got this January we knew we had to close the gap left in the Austin area. I'm really happy to announce we have a shop in Pflugerville opening in April! We likely wont be done with the display setups for a while, but if you pardon our dust we'd be happy to help in any way we can. We have added a lot of brands that aren't yet on our website, but we're pretty happy with what we were able to pull off for 2022. Boats and accessories should start arriving in the next two to four weeks, as they come in we'll be listing them on our site. Our offering in 2023 should be even better, and we're excited to be here!

Here at No Bad Days, we're putting customer service at priority number 1. We want to be a part of a community, not just a shop with kayaks. If we can't find what you need but we know another shop that can help you out, we'll gladly point you in that direction. I'm really happy with the team we've built, and I'm confident we can serve Austin well. All that being said, I'd like to know what yall are looking for in a kayak shop. We're still in some early stages, and we'd love to hear what the community wants to see in a local shop. Hope to hear here from yall soon!

www.nobaddayskayak.com
1900 East Howard Lane Bldg F ste 1
Pflugerville Texas, 78660
SWFinatic

Re: New Shop in Austin

Post by SWFinatic »

Good to hear!

Do y'all do kayak repairs/mods/installs? Seems to be a popular question.
impulse

Post by impulse »

Your website says your shop is in Llano?
NBDK

Post by NBDK »

All good questions!

On repairs:
We do plan on offering repairs, rigging, etc. The biggest challenge this year is going to be getting the right parts. If we have what's needed to ge the job done, we plan on getting it done. The shop might not be fully setup for repairs until May, then after that its a parts game.

Our Address:
Short version: We're moving the shop from Llano to Pflugerville, the sites just not updated yet.
Long version: Part of the way we plan on doing better customer service is automating away the mundane business tasks. This effort allows us more time for human to human interaction which in my opinion is the best way to do customer service. Setting up an online store to take payments is easy. Setting up a store front to take payments is also easy. Doing both with shared inventory is hard (or expensive). It becomes a problem of each service wanting to be the source of truth for the inventory. We also don't want to introduce a manual process, as a mistake in accounting will cost more time to fix than building an integration correctly the first time. Right now our engineer is working on this integration, and some untested code is in the active codebase. If i go update the address, it'll push that code and may cause issues. He's testing that today and the new address should be updated soon.
safarigene

Post by safarigene »

I can vouch for these guys. They were the only place I could find that had a VIBE Seaghost in stock a while back. Found it on their website and ended up calling. Picked the boat up in Llano at their shop. Great guy to deal with. Glad to see they are still in business and doing well.
MilfSlayer1408

Post by MilfSlayer1408 »

Ill be in the market for a Nucanoe Pursuit soon. Wanting to rig it up with lights, motor, powerpole, everything. you guys carry them?