Settegast Road Launch - galveston

shoffer
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Settegast Road Launch - galveston

Post by shoffer »

Still there (and not bad), but they put poles up so you cannot drop your kayak right at the water's edge anymore. Bring your carts (but it is not bad to drag it over the grass either).
Settegast.jpg
Neumie
Site Admin

Re: Settegast Road Launch - galveston

Post by Neumie »

Thanks for sharing with an update.
Tenore

Post by Tenore »

We launched from there yesterday and fished Dalehite cove and surrounding marshes. We did not catch a lot of fish but I managed to land a PB redfish that was a fun fight. We also caught a few smaller specs and a flounder. It is generally pretty quiet on the weekdays and little powerboat activity.
shoffer
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by shoffer »

I fished there for two hours yesterday morning, as well. Got a few bites but no hookups. Fish and birds were blowing up glass minnows and shad when I launched, but I think it was mainly ladys, since my soft plastics were bitten off a couple of times. Strong SW wind made that really the only option for launching so I took what I could get.
wade-a-minuate

Post by wade-a-minuate »

I was thinking about launching there next weekend when I’m down there. Haven’t been in a couple years, with the poles there now is it ok to park on the side of the road ?
shoffer
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by shoffer »

I had no issues when I did, but I was only there for about 3 hours total. A couple of other dudes who were wading parked there also as I was leaving, and there was a car parked there longer than I was who did not appear to have any issues. So, I assume those guys have done it before and had no issues. I saw no signs that said parking was not permitted, but there is a sign that says "Loading Zone" next to the poles, so to me that presupposes people will still be launching there and loading up next to the poles.
wade-a-minuate

Post by wade-a-minuate »

Ok thanks, I’ll just be there a few hours in the morning also.The last time I was a Sportsman rd there was a cop down there.I ask him about parking and he told me you can’t legally park anywhere int that area on the side of the road.When fishing Confederate reef I’ve been putting in at 8 mile boat ramp and paddling around.Thanks for the information