Sea Isles canal lights

TxAquatics

Sea Isles canal lights

Post by TxAquatics »

Launched out of the Sea Isles boat ramp around 9pm, targeting the 10pm lunar bite. As I round the first set of lights I cast my go to night bait, DOA 3inch glow shrimp. 1st cast produces a keep spec, I thought it was a bad omen. Next few casts an undersized spec. I had 2 good hits later and the buggers got off. I tried a tandem 2 inch minnow rig and the noise of the cast was spooking the fish away from the light. I went back to the shrimp, I had a solid spec on and spit the hook at the net :(. I moved on picked up another keeper spec on the way to the bay lights. The wind and current dissuaded me. I went to another canal and tried gulp curly tail on the bottom a few good hits but kept missing the hook set. Then I had a solid fish on the gulp, a nice golden croaker. I decided to paddle back and pack up. I was surprised to not catch the usual suspect a night, sand trout. There wasn't a million shad out like back in June. Very nice to get out a night, may be my only night trip this year. Till next time.
:D
Attachments
20220817_003932.jpg
20220817_003849.jpg
mwatson71

Re: Sea Isles canal lights

Post by mwatson71 »

Sounds like a very short but productive trip. Thanks for the report and photos.
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by Ron Mc »

that's what you call getting it done
shoffer
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by shoffer »

I have been dying to get on the water for weeks now; I have a new boat I want to get out and use more and I love my summertime night trips, but work has me slammed, so I have been drydocked for too long. Thanks for posting this.