- Posts: 24
- Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:39 pm
Spent a half day at Kate’s Hole, Corpus Christi trying out a new rod and reel setup. Water clarity was pretty good and the wind was out of the South at 10mph. I started out throwing Zman paddle tails with some success. Switched baits to the Kicker Crabz fished
weedless on 1/8oz with some pro cure blue crab scent. Pausing on potholes. Caught some upper slot reds, flounder and trout fairly quickly after switching baits. Good luck.
- TKF 5000 Club
- Posts: 5483
- Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:12 pm
- Location: downtown Bulverde, Texas
sounds like a perfect day and outcome - thanks for the report and photo
- Posts: 472
- Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:03 am
- Location: 77005
Nice report and photos. Nothing like spending time in Kate’s Hole.
- Site Admin
- Posts: 3900
- Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2004 10:10 pm
- Location: SA, Hallettsville, or Rockport
Thanks for the report, and sounds like you got some good fish.
- Posts: 649
- Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:47 am
- Location: Rockport/AP/CC
Sounds like a great day. I like those holes back there starting around this time of year.