Coming back...

richg99
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Coming back...

Post by richg99 »

I was a long-time member of this group until about a half-dozen years ago. At the time, I owned a few yaks and fished the Galveston Bay complex with them.

After buying and running some tin power boats, I've sold my Texas PB, and bought a tiny Mini-X yak. I owned one of them way back when. When it arrives (sometime around Thanksgiving) I'll be back on the water with you.

I won't be going as often as before...at age 83, the drive from North Houston isn't as much fun as it (NEVER) was! Ha ha My yak was purchased on FB marketplace and the seller was in New Braunfels. My grandson lives and works in that area, so he picked it up for me. He's coming for T'Giving and I'll finally have my craft.

See you on the water someday soon, I hope.

richg99
kayak3.jpg
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: Coming back...

Post by Ron Mc »

Welcome back Rich.
I think we talked rigging a couple of times in the past.
deptrai

Post by deptrai »

I hope I'll still be able to kayak fish at 83. I can guarantee you it wouldn't be in a Pro Angler if I can.

Dave
TexasJim

Post by TexasJim »

Key, rich: I saw a post of yours on tinboats.net the other day, and remembered you from this forum. I'm 77 and have my tin skiff and a Viking kayak, and am still very active. Good luck on your yak fishing! TexasJim
richg99
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by richg99 »

Thanks guys. Yes, I'll be rigging yet another yak soon. I bought the wheels for my cart yesterday. They were on a kid's bike for $8.00 from a thrift store. Ha Ha

If any of you fish during the week days, perhaps we can hit the water together.

I have a lot to re-learn.

R
richg99
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by richg99 »

Texas Jack...Yes, I still have a 17 ft tinny that I leave in TN (for the Summers). They did something on tinboats to re-activate the announcements. Otherwise, I haven't participated in many discussions lately.

I spend some of my time shooting Skeet/Trap etc. I am also starting to try to fly some small foamy airplanes, too. I did that years ago, and still have a ton of equipment.

Too many hobbies, not enough time.

R
motoyak

Post by motoyak »

Glad you are still active Rich. As Ive aged, I keep a small paddle kayak for streams and tanks. When I want to go fish big water, the trolling motor assist is the way to go.
richg99
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by richg99 »

Yep. No need to kill myself or the boat any more. It is Fishing, ...not Catching.
Prof. Salt
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Prof. Salt »

Welcome back, Rich!
Yakety_Yak

Post by Yakety_Yak »

WB to the forum and the addiction! I'm in Houston as well but on the west side and if you want a buddy to fish with ya, hit me up anytime. My contact info is 832-588-70901 I fished last night in Galveston. The reds were there but I had to hunt them down. Trout were easy to find. As always, you have to go through a million of them to find a keeper, lol.
Kayak Kid
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Kayak Kid »

Welcome back to the fold, rich. Missed reading your chats.

At 85, I'm still pretty active, although I'm no longer driving. That has, unfortunately, curtailed my beloved kayaking outings. I do, however, thoroughly enjoy yak fishing and other activities vicariously through photos and stories shared on TKF.
Yakety_Yak

Post by Yakety_Yak »

Kayak Kid wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 4:54 pm Welcome back to the fold, rich. Missed reading your chats.

At 85, I'm still pretty active, although I'm no longer driving. That has, unfortunately, curtailed my beloved kayaking outings. I do, however, thoroughly enjoy yak fishing and other activities vicariously through photos and stories shared on TKF.
85 and still pretty active, congrats!! What part of Houston are you at?
Kayak Kid
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Kayak Kid »

Tanglehood.

Tanglewood.
Kitsune

Post by Kitsune »

I really like the kayak. Welcome back and good luck fishing.