Sportsman road update (not good)

saltykat
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Re: Sportsman road update (not good)

Post by saltykat »

Watson I don't think the property is worth that much and I'm pretty sure that is more than the home owners would pay. When I talked to the home owner on the west side of the ramp he said they would buy it if the city wasn't asking crazy money and to me 500k is crazy money. I WILL SPEND MY MONEY ELSEWHERE IN THE FUTURE. Galveston can kiss my ass. I spent a lot of money there the last 2 years not counting the guests I've had visiting. I know its not much to them, but it was close to 50k and to me that's alot :cat:
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by Ron Mc »

If you want something in general to fight, it's TCEQ-sponsored HB 1505 (TCEQ Sunset Legislation).
This law would prevent fishermen from participating in water rights hearings simply because they lack direct property interests.
Seems it would also apply directly to issues such as this property on Sportsman's Rd.
The wording of the legislation effectively states that fishermen cannot be considered as "affected" by an issue such as this one.

HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING

COMMITTEE: Environmental Regulation
TIME & DATE: 10:30 AM or upon final adjourn./recess or bill referral if

permission granted
Thursday, March 23, 2023

PLACE: E2.030
CHAIR: Rep. Brooks Landgraf
The Committee will hear invited testimony from the Texas Sunset Commission to discuss the following:
General overview of the sunset process
Additionally, the Committee will consider and hear public testimony on the following bill:
HB 1505 Bell, Keith
Relating to the continuation and functions of the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality.

A live video broadcast of this hearing will be available here:
https://house.texas.gov/video-audio/

Texas residents who wish to electronically submit comments related to
agenda items on this notice without testifying in person can do so until
the hearing is adjourned by visiting:
https://comments.house.texas.gov/home?c=c260
shoffer
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by shoffer »

All you ever wanted to know on this topic - and what YOU can do to stop the closure - can be found at this post:

viewtopic.php?p=2335187#p2335187