Texas Beach Access Bill

loonycamp

Texas Beach Access Bill

Post by loonycamp »

My wife found out about this public beach access bill that appears to be on the table. If passed it would essentially let all the landowners kick people off the beach, especially during high tide.
Here is one article about it:

https://www.beaumontenterprise.com/news ... 846136.php

SB 434 and HB 3114

I'm hoping yall will calm me down because it seems like our access is being confronted on all fronts, probably from people with excess money flocking to our state, taking everything that they can get their greedy hands on.
Kitsune

Re: Texas Beach Access Bill

Post by Kitsune »

Most certainly, money talks and ..... BUT, our beaches are one of a kind and them thinking private beaches will be more profitable in the long run is crazy. Our beaches are seasonal (beach weather) and public for a reason. Folks with no care will take the short-term profit and will move on when it is over. Trying to fight a political push with money is like :horse: .....but we will try. I think change and compromise will come out of this. Something like the private beaches with a lot of waterfront property will get what they want and the other beaches will be public. This will increase demand for beach access, hopefully making people more considerate of the privileges we have/had. It all works out in the end, but someone usually gets their toes stepped on.
motoyak

Post by motoyak »

Remember the name Mayes Middleton when you vote for senators. He's in someone pocket I suspect. 75% public vote on TX beach act is pretty overwelming and I doubt anything has changed that would convince voters otherwise.

His bio...
Mayes Middleton resides in Galveston with his wife, Macy, and four children, Connor, Christian, Matthew, and Martha Ann. Mayes is President of Middleton Oil Company, an independent oil and gas company. He also runs ranching, cattle, and farming operations. Mayes and his wife support numerous local community organizations and faith-based charities.

Before his election to the Texas Senate in 2022, Mayes was first elected to the Texas House of Representatives in 2018 to represent House District 23, encompassing Chambers County and part of Galveston County. In his two terms in the Legislature, Mayes has consistently ranked as one of the top 10 most conservative members of the Texas House. During his most recent term in the House, Mayes served as the Chairman of the Texas House Freedom Caucus.

Tx freedm Caucas ???
this is thier goals....
The Texas Freedom Caucus was founded by members of the Texas House of Representatives committed to amplifying the voice of liberty-minded, grassroots Texans who want bold action to protect life, strengthen families, defend the U.S. and Texas Bills of Rights, restrain government and revitalize personal and economic freedoms in the State of Texas.

Enough said :lol:
Neumie
Site Admin

Post by Neumie »

Before too many post up, please keep participation on topic.

This bill needs to shot down in whichever committees it gets sent to.
bigfost
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by bigfost »

This has been making the rounds for a while.

I contacted my reps and suggest you do the same.
Kitsune

Post by Kitsune »

This is sounding somewhat good. I’m not counting my chickens quite yet though.

https://www.kiiitv.com/amp/article/news ... 65658f830b
Neumie
Site Admin

Post by Neumie »

The companion bills which may affect Public Access to Beaches:
SB 434 & HB 3114
SB 2026 & HB 3859
SB 2550 & HB 4712
chicken...

Post by chicken... »

I do not know how many of y'all have experienced launches no longer open or accessible, closed beaches, etc. Yes, this is real, and I encourage everyone to contact ALL your State, County and City officials.

It's a growing trend to shut down access to OUR waters. . . . . . .

Happy Fishin'
Chicken :wink: