Just an FYI

Prof. Salt
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Just an FYI

Post by Prof. Salt »

The water right now in Corpus looks like the Caribbean. Great visibility, kingfish everywhere, and even lots of mahi-mahi at the MP rigs yesterday. I'm stuck at work this week, but if you can get here before the wind picks back up this is a rare opportunity. Someone posted this drone photo of Packery channel and it made me want to quit my job and head out.

Kayak Kid
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Re: Just an FYI

Post by Kayak Kid »

I lived in CC for many years. Never have I ever seen the water so clear and calm as in the shared photo.

Faced with such overly ideal conditions, I would pick up and head for a four day camping excursion to big shell. The surf fishing should be epic, with blue fish, Tarpon, Specs, Spanish Mackerel, red fish, and pompano cruising the surf line...,or where the surf line usually is. Surf rigs, spinning tackle and fly rods would be kept busy.
Prof. Salt
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Prof. Salt »

I'm scheduled to drive to New Orleans this afternoon and tomorrow to drop off my youngest so she can spend time with her big sister. Should be back Friday late and will attack Saturday morning.
GregO722

Post by GregO722 »

I've been watching the waves and weather all week. And, as usual, conditions have been perfect all week long, while I'm working, then things start to get bad on the weekend. I'm thinking about launching tomorrow morning, Hobie Island, from Packery channel and getting out that way. I was out a few weeks ago with the Island and 2+ ft waves from the beach is a bit too challenging, coming and going. I could opt for the Hobie outback, that would be a non-issue for tomorrows surf conditions, but then I would have to use human power to get anywhere. I really enjoy sailing over peddling these days.