Ingleside 06/23

Fox²

Ingleside 06/23

Post by Fox² »

I hit Ingleside early this morning.

Mangrove snapper and one large sail catfish off the rocks on the north end. 20" trout right across the channel from Cheniere about daybreak followed by a small red across from Kiewit.

Nothing hit cutbait outside the gaftop, all caught soft plastic shrimp.
Ing.png
PXL_20230623_115532983.jpg
Kitsune

Re: Ingleside 06/23

Post by Kitsune »

Thanks for the report. I have never fished that area but you may want to check out Texas Fishing Tips on YouTube, they mention that area a lot with some good tips.👍
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by Ron Mc »

great report - haven't fished there in 20 years, but several times found redfish off McGloin bluff and the creek mouth.
Josh has reported fishing the shallower water in the cove.
txfshrmn

Post by txfshrmn »

That Trout is a beauty! Can't wait till I get down there the week after next and get into them myself!!!
SWFinatic

Post by SWFinatic »

Area has a lot of good fishing waters but also has lots of boat and ship traffic and can be dangerous. That’s a big channel to cross if you go that route and boats can come up on you fast. Be careful if y’all go fish it.
Fox²

Post by Fox² »

SWFinatic wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 9:20 am Area has a lot of good fishing waters but also has lots of boat and ship traffic and can be dangerous. That’s a big channel to cross if you go that route and boats can come up on you fast. Be careful if y’all go fish it.
This is true.

I have lights and go early before the boat traffic picks up. However, there's still heavy tug traffic and it can be hard to pick them out against the lights of the plant. (How effective are my lights is the obvious question)

If you do cross the channel where I did, I recommend heading south to the narrowest point between Inglside on the Bay and Berry Island.