Redfish in the grass

OldTownYakBoi

Redfish in the grass

Post by OldTownYakBoi »

Went out this morning for a couple of hours. It ended up being a tough trip, from the time I left the house to the time I launched, wind went from 10 mph to 25 out of the ENE. Due to the winds I cut the trip short and didn’t get to fish the area I really wanted to, but the classic September pattern is in full swing. Tide was high and the reds were deep in the grass, you had to put a lure practically inside the grass to get some action. Wind was blowing hard so boat control was a challenge, I hooked one nice red, but lost it due to a weak backhand hook set. I called it at 830, conditions were just too tough. I’m confident I would’ve grinder it out I could’ve found more fish.

Fish were over mud/oyster, 6 in - a foot of water. Topwater was getting the action: I’m excited for fall fishing, this summer has been humbling.

-YakBoi
179DC57B-D0DD-4AE3-8F95-52C5AD4317D9.jpeg
96E23482-E341-4104-B31D-6C309D578ADF.jpeg
saltykat
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Re: Redfish in the grass

Post by saltykat »

Kyle
You don't know unless you go. Summers are brutal down there.
Dandydon
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Dandydon »

Good to hear from two of my favorite fishing partners. After I recover from my stomach surgery, let's do a three-some, men.

Thanks for imparting good info, Kyle, even when the winds spank you!

I'm looking forward to Halloween fishing. It's the hottest Houston summer ever & I'm sick of it.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

deptrai

Post by deptrai »

The wind...when will it stop? I can deal with the heat, cold & rain, but not the wind.
Dave
txanalogkd

Post by txanalogkd »

The wind on Sun was brutal, and the one tide did not provide much help. They predicted for SE winds but that did not happen. It's only going to get better.