New To Sugar Land

tatersalad

New To Sugar Land

Post by tatersalad »

Afternoon
I'm new to kayaking (see picture of the new ride) and new to the sugar land area. What lakes would you guys recommend I target within 1-2 hours of sugar land Texas?
Thanks in advance for the recommendations.
Michael
Attachments
IMG_5381.jpeg
shoffer
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Re: New To Sugar Land

Post by shoffer »

Google Earth and Maps can help you find little places; in fact, there are a ton of little lakes around Sugarland, so you can get used to that new ride. As for fishing, I would recommend Lake Fayetteville or Lake Bastrop, both of which are Power plant lakes that are small bodies of water. Boat traffic can be bad at times, but you can get where they cannot, right?

Lake Raven near Huntsville is one I hear about. I have not been to Eagle Lake west of you down I-10, or south of you down Highway 59 is Lake Texana which looks way too stumpy with flooded timber for boats that I bet is a body of water teeming with big bass and with all the stumps, you won't need to worry about many boats.
Neumie
Site Admin

Post by Neumie »

Coleto Creek is within 2 hours
Music Man
Location: Missouri City Lightning Nomad, Kraken 13.5, Trident Ultra 4.3

Post by Music Man »

Howdy neighbor! Lake Fayette is my favorite freshwater place, although I think it is best early spring and November. Haven’t done as well in the summer months. Watch out for boaters. I’ve wanted to fish Lake Raven but just haven’t done it yet.

Even though I grew up fishing only freshwater, I’ve converted to saltwater. A bigger challenge IMO, but I find the fish taste much better. Crappie and Sand Bass are fine, but flounder can’t be beat :lol:

Be sure to post about your trips.