Birdnest Update

harv418
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Birdnest Update

Post by harv418 »

I just got of the phone with BN. He has several broken ribs, a fractured C6 vertibra in his neck, is very sorry, but he'll make it. He did mention that there was one casulty in the wreck. his brand new Barry Evans custom rod was TOTALed.

Jeff is at Memorial Herman Hospital. His name is Jeff Herman.

If someone is in the area, please print these out and take em up to him. The other one as well.

He said the first thing he asked the doctor was when can I go kayaking. unfortunately the diagnostics on that wern't good and he is out for 2 months. Maybe we can get him to tie us all some flies.

Get well soon Jeff and we are praying and pulling for you.
TKFStubb
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

BN update...

Post by TKFStubb »

Harv, thanks for the update! Jeff, get well soon, my friend! We'll be praying for you and the other guys, too.
Barry
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Barry »

Harv
I just got of the phone with BN. He has several broken ribs, a fractured C6 vertibra in his neck, is very sorry, but he'll make it. He did mention that there was one casulty in the wreck. his brand new Barry Evans custom rod was TOTALed.

If you can word to him, tell him to salvage the remains of the rod, get them back to me, and I'll build him another one. No charge!
shortran

Post by shortran »

Birdnest,
Get well soon and please know that you are in my family's prayers.

Barry, your generosity is what makes this group so great. This is as close to a brotherhood as it gets. You show what it means to go "above and beyond the call". Thanks
Randy (shortran)
Barry
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Barry »

shortran
Thanks for the kind words, but it's no big thing. That's what friends do.
popasan

Post by popasan »

thanks Harv for the update on Jeff.....we are all wishing him a speedy recovery.....

shortran......Barry is being very humble this evening.....he is one of those very few people that you meet in life that truly enjoys helping others.....a really nice guy to get to know....... :)

Larry
Last edited by popasan on Wed Dec 10, 2003 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chip Pitcairn

Post by Chip Pitcairn »

Barry's gesture warmed my heart. This is the best group of people on land or water. Chip Pitcairn
shortran

Post by shortran »

Popasan,
I have not had the pleasure and honor of actually meeting Barry yet but I hope to some day. I would agree with you about his being willing to help those who need it. He has proven that in his posts to this board. We all need friends like him.
Randy (shortran)

Post by Guest »

Well you might not want to meet him BUT he is all those nice things people say about him and then a little more!!
Missing you and Edie... (really more Edie)

Glad to hear the Bird is atleast well enough to ask about yaking!!
... still in out thoughts!

MRSRIDE
Peeshnuck

Get Well soon!

Post by Peeshnuck »

We will be pulling for you! Get some rest, spring time will be here before you know it!
GoinCoastal
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club
Location: Austin & AransasPass/ Wilderness Systems, Columbia Sportswear, & TFO Rods Pro Staff

Post by GoinCoastal »

OK ... I can't stand it anymore!!! I know BARRY!!!!! Yall don't go getting all sentimental bout BARRY!!!! True, he has a kind heart, but he is still an old cantankerous(sp???) fart!!!!! Don't give him sooooo much credit!!!!!

Jeff, did the dr say anything about practicing your fly casting during this recovery? SOunds like a good exercise that you can do sittin down as if you were in your yak!!!! Godspeed, Jeff!!!!!!!!!! 2 months sucks!!!!

and Barry.... j/k.... I treasure our friendship!!! See Ya this weekend!!!
The Wizard

Post by The Wizard »

Jeff,

When you get back on your feet and Barry gets that new rod to you, let me know. I will send you a dozen magic voodoo children. Guaranteed to work when almost nothing else will.

The Wizard
Fubar
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Fubar »

It's good to know Jeff is doing okay. I believe I'll see him this weekend and I'll let him know how everyone is pulling for him.

Barry, that's awesome of you to re-build him a new pole! :D That and the morphine drip should put a smile on Jeff.
Wetbutt

Speedy Recovery

Post by Wetbutt »

Hello Birdsnest
Donna and I are wishing you a speedy recovery and lots of fish in the near future. Ken & Donna "The Wetbutts"
GoinCoastal
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club
Location: Austin & AransasPass/ Wilderness Systems, Columbia Sportswear, & TFO Rods Pro Staff

Post by GoinCoastal »

Bill R --- they let Jeff out!!! There is a new post from Jeff on the board. I didn't want you tramping all over the med ctr looking for him....