Houston/Galveston TKF Meeting @ FTU Thursday 4/1 @ 7 PM

Mrs Backlasher
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Houston/Galveston TKF Meeting @ FTU Thursday 4/1 @ 7 PM

Post by Mrs Backlasher »

Regular monthly TKF meetings for the Greater Galveston Bay (GGB) Chapter are held the first Thursday of each month at Fishing Tackle Unlimited (FTU) at 12800 Gulf Freeway in Houston (281-481-6838) beginning at 7 PM. Meetings are held on the second floor. The elevator is at the back of the kayak department. (Isn't that convenient?!)

The next meeting is scheduled for Thursday, April 1. Everyone is invited to attend, and guests are welcome.

Informal fly tying will be held from 6 - 7 PM, so come early and bring your fly tying gear. If you don't tie, come early and watch, and get acquainted with other TKF members and guests.

Harv418 has returned from Moscow! Welcome back Harv. I know your family has missed you. Your TKF family has missed you, too! Glad to have you back.
Last edited by Mrs Backlasher on Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stephen

Post by Stephen »

Can anyone just show up?
What exactly goes on at these meetings?
Thanks,
Stephen
Jerry-rigged
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Jerry-rigged »

Yes, anyone is welcome, they even let me in. Usally Snookdude sets up a speaker - last monthe he had a local guide give a slide presentation on sightcasting to redfis, before that was Sergio talking about his luers. Plus discusiona about upcomming trips, BSing about past trips, meeting fellower yakers, and recently sharing fly patterns. Fun for all.

I am planning on being there, might bring my son. Snookdude - do you mind if I bring a happy meal for him to eat in the meeting? Otherwise I will be late.

Jerry
Mrs Backlasher
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Mrs Backlasher »

Hey, Jerry,

It wouldn't bother me for your son to have his happy meal. I plan to go early to check for enough chairs, setup, etc. I'll make sure there are a couple of chairs at that table in the kitchen.

Mrs. B
Jerry-rigged
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Jerry-rigged »

Cool, thanks, 'B'

Jerry