Prime Rib

Johnnyz

Prime Rib

Post by Johnnyz »

Can I go?
Last edited by Johnnyz on Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Animal Chris
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Animal Chris »

I use a boneless ribeye roast for this, but will work fine with a bone in roast. Remember, anything less than 3 ribs is just a thick steak.
Have Prime Rib at room temperature.
Season entire roast with black pepper and Worcestershire powder all over. Rub it in good all over. If have found Worcestershire powder at Kroger in spice section.
Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Have a large roaster (disposable) pan. Cover bottom of disposable roaster pan with 1/2 inch to 1 inch deep of rock salt (ice cream rock salt). Sprinkle 1/2 cup hot water over salt.

Place roast on top of salt. Cover completely with rock salt. NOTE: If salt won't stay in place over roast, try spreading some yellow mustard on the meat to hold it in place. Sprinkle 2 cups water over salt.

Bake in oven 12 minutes per pound for rare; 15 minutes per pound for medium; 17 minutes per pound for well done.

Remove from pan and salt. Let juices set. Slice and serve with fresh ground horse radish. Goes good with Mashed potatoes, fresh green beans and a good Merlot.

Good luck, Chris
whymel

Post by whymel »

i thought he was just trying to get everyone hungry......
blesker
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by blesker »

Animal Chris wrote:I use a boneless ribeye roast for this, but will work fine with a bone in roast. Remember, anything less than 3 ribs is just a thick steak.
Have Prime Rib at room temperature.
Season entire roast with black pepper and Worcestershire powder all over. Rub it in good all over. If have found Worcestershire powder at Kroger in spice section.
Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Have a large roaster (disposable) pan. Cover bottom of disposable roaster pan with 1/2 inch to 1 inch deep of rock salt (ice cream rock salt). Sprinkle 1/2 cup hot water over salt.

Place roast on top of salt. Cover completely with rock salt. NOTE: If salt won't stay in place over roast, try spreading some yellow mustard on the meat to hold it in place. Sprinkle 2 cups water over salt.

Bake in oven 12 minutes per pound for rare; 15 minutes per pound for medium; 17 minutes per pound for well done.

Remove from pan and salt. Let juices set. Slice and serve with fresh ground horse radish. Goes good with Mashed potatoes, fresh green beans and a good Merlot.

Good luck, Chris

I'm hating you just now.

b <drool>
Tyler

Post by Tyler »

Trust me Animal Chris knows how to cook meat!

TT
blesker
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by blesker »

Tyler wrote:Trust me Animal Chris knows how to cook meat!

TT
Like I need that kind of reenforcement?

b ;)