What is my 06' Prowler 15 worth?

Gulf Kayaker

What is my 06' Prowler 15 worth?

Post by Gulf Kayaker »

Hey everyone, I plan on putting my Prowler 15 up for sale after this weekend. I want to get a whitewater kayak when I move out to Colorado at the end of the month, (and a touring kayak:lol: ).

What do you guys think it is worth? I'll include the seat, paddle, and anchor. Its only been in the water three times, literally!
Gulf Kayaker

Post by Gulf Kayaker »

I forgot to add its the Angler Edition.
TX_Sportsman

Post by TX_Sportsman »

Is the prowler as dry as a Tarpon or Manta Ray?

I am looking for a new yak, but want a dryer ride
harv418
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by harv418 »

Gulf Yaker,
Figure about 70 percent of the base price of the boat.

TX_sportsman, How big a boy are ya???
TX_Sportsman

Post by TX_Sportsman »

6'1" & 185#
TrailShoe

Re: What is my 06' Prowler 15 worth?

Post by TrailShoe »

Gulf Kayaker wrote:Hey everyone, I plan on putting my Prowler 15 up for sale after this weekend. I want to get a whitewater kayak when I move out to Colorado at the end of the month, (and a touring kayak:lol: ).

What do you guys think it is worth? I'll include the seat, paddle, and anchor. Its only been in the water three times, literally!
Any Pictures? What color is it? Does it have a rudder? Was the angler package installed by factory or someone local? Seat, Paddle and anchor? You must not want to have to move it.
70 percent is a good number to work with.
TS
shawn

Post by shawn »

tx sportsman...it's not as dry as a manta ray but immensely drier then any of the tarpons
Ultrastealth
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Ultrastealth »

shawn wrote:tx sportsman...it's not as dry as a manta ray but immensely drier then any of the tarpons
Kayaks are wet. Get over it. :)
Wolfman57
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Wolfman57 »

Prowler 15 is a nice yak. I have a freind and it is a good yak for most people, bigger guys may have a problem with it. As far as price, read the "for sale forum".

P15's have sold on there and it will give you a better oppinion of market price than our Oppinions. Most post what people have paid for them.

WM
TX_Sportsman

Post by TX_Sportsman »

Ultrastealth wrote:
shawn wrote:tx sportsman...it's not as dry as a manta ray but immensely drier then any of the tarpons
I understand they are wet, but they don't have to be as wet as the Speck(my current yak) which is the equivalent of sitting in a bath tub. I don't mind it for the surf, but I prefer a dryer ride for bay fishing.
Gulf Kayaker

Post by Gulf Kayaker »

I took it out in the surf today! I hit some huge waves and it all drained very effectively! I can't say I was dry, but no kayak would have been. I was surprised how easy it was go btb with it. I talked to another yakker who was fishing and said no one could make it. :lol:

Here are a few pics.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v251/MurcielagoR-GT/
txlawman78

Post by txlawman78 »

TX_Sportsman.....here's my 2 cents as a Prowler 15 owner......

I understand what you mean about wanting a drier ride, but at 260 lbs my Prowler was relatively wet for me. So I bought, use, and have been verry happy with OK's scupper stoppers. I use them every trip out except in the surf, and they work great.

My buddy who owns a Tarpon 140 and I swapped one day for a few hours, and the ride in his boat without scupper stoppers seemed drier than my boat without them. (Canyon lake, calm water)

However, my buddy (6'00", 175 lbs) experienced a much drier ride in my boat (no scupper stoppers) than I do. (go figure) He said there was no water to speak of in my boat while he was in it.

My only real complaint about my Prowler is that the design of the footwell area dosen't allow water to drain very readily from the molded-in foot rests. Once they get water in them, they're pretty much wet.

My Prowler sure does seem faster than his Tarpon, though, if that kinda thing is important to you.
Mythman
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club
Location: Cypress.......watching the weather to go BTB fishing!

Post by Mythman »

Ultrastealth wrote:
Kayaks are wet, sometimes, but they are not bath tubs where you sit in water.........any water in the cockpit should drain in at least 15-20 seconds, at the most......if your kayak doesn't do that, then you are missing a whole lot about paddling and fishing from one.
harv418
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by harv418 »

6'1" & 185#
It will be plenty dry.

But I will say that Ocean decided not to incorporate the Footwell channel from the 13 into the 15. It would have required a little bit more plastic for structural purposes, and they could not quantify if that would add or reduce the weight.

I will say this though. Kayaking, whether it be paddling only or fishing out of a kayak, is a water sport. several designers have said that to make them dry is ruining the more efficient hull shapes. You cannot expect to stay dry in a kayak. All you can hope for is that the water drains when you paddle.

Those of us who don't mind being wet need to step up and say something before we see further discontinued models (Scupper Pro TW, etc.)
Grand Slammer
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by Grand Slammer »

I wish I hadn't sold my P 15. They are a great kayak, and I believe any SOT with the possible exception of the Fish n Dive is going to be a wet ride. Down here, on SPI, the water helps keep you cool. After all, it is a water sport.
CopanoCruisin
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by CopanoCruisin »

Gulf Yaker, Does it have a rudder? How about color? ANd most important of all, have you settled on a price yet?
DEL VALLE

Post by DEL VALLE »

You're gonna get wet on any SOT. Suck it up, don't let it bum your fishing out. Especially if you're jumping in and out wade fishing. Getting wet is part of the trip.
Gulf Kayaker

Post by Gulf Kayaker »

I'm looking to get $700-750... :D