HI BULL REDS AND FRIENDS Sunday

Randy
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club
Location: Kayak Featherlite 9.5 Mini-x Predator K140, Percption Swifty,Necky Zoar Angler

HI BULL REDS AND FRIENDS Sunday

Post by Randy »

Man oh Man, what an awsome weekend. After Saturday, I figured it would be hard to beat, I have been working with Sharon, SLOWLY, as to get her out btb, Saturday was great she paddled out, the surf was calm and everything went well, she soaked her bait but no hook-ups Saturday. She got a boost in her comfidence when she came back in Saturday afternnon, through alittle bit rougher surf than when she went out.
This was Saturday's landing, This was important that she didnt flip,
squeeze sqeeze, pucker, pucker,,,,, Ahhhhhhhh she made......Seriously, this was important that she had a successful btb outing, after grooming her for several weeks, the timing was just right....
Well we stayed and High Island RV Park,, so that made things even better, a shower, and food and, and, and,,,,,anyway,
After breakfast we loaded up and went back between the piers. It was almost romantic, but she had fishing on her mind.....
As we parked, we met up with The Sunday TKF Gang,,,, this was be best part, greetings, shaking hands, equipment check, and we were off.
We went out approx 150 yards or so and it was slow, Aceshooter went on out further and hooked a shark,,,,,,,as the rest of us pulled anchor and went closer in,
the bait fish were all over the place. We dropped anchor @ 50 or so yards from shore.......and the sleigh rides were on.
In no time the pucker factor for me started to RISE, SHARON, got her first hook up and the rest is history now....
All went well, she didn't panic and she did great. I still gotta work on her pulling them in the yak,,,We gotta get over,,, "Thats nasty",,,, "Nope, I'm not touching that" ( one thing at a time)
I looked over at Herb, had a Fish_On, so I paddled over to get his picture, as I got close, I heard him rumbling doing his Clint Eastwood impression,,,,,
Go ahead, PUNK, (red) I know what your thinking, does he have 10 lb test or 30lb test..... well to tell ya the truth, through all this excitement, I don't remeber, which reel I got today,,,,,,,GO A HEAD MAKE MY DAY....;
I didn't get much fishing in at first, I was keeping and eye and staying close to Sharon and Aggiesheltervet, Then those famous words screamed out,,, "FISH-ON", another, first time sleight ride.
Then she got another
Meantime, the gang was mopping up,,,,
And Sharon got another one,,,,
The pucker factor started to subside, so I tied off close to sharon, and started soaking some bait also.
At one time Sharon and I both had a "fish-on"
We had to pull out @ 1:30, and I think our team was up @ 50 somethin...
Sharon had another successful, landing again, and both the mini-x's did awsome....

And get this, as we pulled up and opened the gate at the house, I said ,we otta stay home sometime and mow this place,,,,,,,,,,,,
She said,,,, That can wait,,,,,,,,,,,,WE ARE GOING BACK !!!!!!!
Last edited by Randy on Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tyak
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Tyak »

GREAT report and pics Randy!!!

Glad you turned her into a BTBer!!!!!!!!!

Ty
Mythman
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club
Location: Cypress.......watching the weather to go BTB fishing!

Post by Mythman »

Great report and super pics.

Did you tell Sharon I said congrats???

Some familiar faces there..........and some great fish caught.

Thanks for sharing, Randy.

It absolutely just doesn't get any better!!!
Randy
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club
Location: Kayak Featherlite 9.5 Mini-x Predator K140, Percption Swifty,Necky Zoar Angler

Post by Randy »

Yes sir thankyou,I told her, but I dont want her to get the big head, the water yesterday and today was very calm,,,,,,,,But that was perfect timing to get her out there......
Last edited by Randy on Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hi

Post by Hi »

Thanks for the report, and some great pics
MikeSSS

Post by MikeSSS »

Thanks for the report Randy.

Congratulations to Sharon, well done!

Another fine day in Paridise.
F.O.C.
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by F.O.C. »

That was a very good report. Nothing like watching a first timer hook up.
jameyj

Post by jameyj »

Apparently, we missed you guys - http://www.texaskayakfisherman.com/foru ... hp?t=75903. You all must have been a little further west then us. Take what the TKF #2 group caught and what Randy and the gang caught and it was close to if not more thatn 100 again!! Another good day!
Randy
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Randy »

Dang I am sorry we missed ya, Yep, this whole weekend was GRRRREAT !!!!!!!!!!!

I think the best reaction to BTB fishing was from MikeSSS......
That guy drove a gazillion miles to get there, fished like crazy, caught fish and I think he is ruined now......

I can't remember word for word, but I think it was somthing like

"How do yall keep from thinking about this during the week?

MikeSSS, for me my productivity at work is the pitts, I live on this board,,,, my yard needs mowed, it is just a good thing that I dont have deed restrictions, my pay check is set for direct deposit to Academy and FTU (not Really, but it otta be)
The inside of my truck stinks,

see yall at the TOBA Tourn.
YEP

Post by YEP »

congrats Randy and sorry we missed you guys, we'll meet up next time. Great report , there is nothing like it.
I am with you, can't think about anything else during the week, but it sure is fun.
Randy wrote:Dang I am sorry we missed ya, Yep, this whole weekend was GRRRREAT !!!!!!!!!!!

I think the best reaction to BTB fishing was from MikeSSS......
That guy drove a gazillion miles to get there, fished like crazy, caught fish and I think he is ruined now......

I can't remember word for word, but I think it was somthing like

"How do yall keep from thinking about this during the week?

MikeSSS, for me my productivity at work is the pitts, I live on this board,,,, my yard needs mowed, it is just a good thing that I dont have deed restrictions, my pay check is set for direct deposit to Academy and FTU (not Really, but it otta be)
The inside of my truck stinks,

see yall at the TOBA Tourn.
chazbo
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by chazbo »

Congrats to Sharon, and hat's off for being a trooper!!!!
pierpressure

Post by pierpressure »

You go girls!!! Pretty soon we will a force to be reckoned with!!

Congrats!!
slcooper

Post by slcooper »

I was there Saturday and Sharon's feet were planted firmly on the beach although Randy had her kayak rigged up and ready to go all day. I guess watching all of the fish that were safely caught on Saturday convinced her. Way to go Sharon, way to conquer your fear!
Wolfman57
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Wolfman57 »

Sharon Congratz on the Red. WHen I left Saturday I was hoping you would hook up.

Nothing like it in the world!

WM
rod dawg
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by rod dawg »

A big congratz Sharon....Randy, better watch out!!! :lol:
word-doctor

great going!

Post by word-doctor »

I still gotta work on her pulling them in the yak,,,We gotta get over,,, "Thats nasty",,,, "Nope, I'm not touching that" ( one thing at a time)

Randy, my son and I got to meet Sharon a couple of weeks ago; at that point she told me she ain't ever goin' out there where there are sharks. You're a miracle worker. Next up for Randy, Ted Kennedy inviting Newt Gingrich to a slumber party.

My wife's ailing right now so we went to surfside, settling for whiting, but I'm agitating to get back up where the real fish are.
Randy
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Randy »

I am proud of her, yep, one step at a time though,,,,,,she wasnt to thrilled about the "milk" from the fish getting all over her,,,,,,,,
Heck I told her to just rub it all over, it is a good sunblock too.....besides being a natural fish attractant....I wonder what the sfc factor is on that stuff
Fla-Fish
TKF 8000 Club
TKF 8000 Club

Post by Fla-Fish »

[quote="Randy"]I am proud of her, yep, one step at a time though,,,,,,she wasnt to thrilled about the "milk" from the fish getting all over her,,,,,,,,
Heck I told her to just rub it all over, it is a good sunblock too.....besides being a natural fish attractant....I wonder what the sfc factor is on that stuff[quote]

I think that is Brooke's secret weapon added to the natural male attractant to begin with. That is why the women allways out fish the guys.

Randy is Sharon now your secret weapon ???
Randy
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Randy »

I think so, something out there has MOJO !!!!! maybe its the hat....
Fla-Fish
TKF 8000 Club
TKF 8000 Club

Post by Fla-Fish »

Randy wrote:I think so, something out there has MOJO !!!!! maybe its the hat....
Not the hat must be the matching Mini-X's

I hope you have a heavy load in the back in that pic :roll: :roll:
You might want to put the cooler in front :shock: :lol:
Randy
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Randy »

I was taking on water, I found a small leak in the scupper seam last night.
aceshooter01

Post by aceshooter01 »

Randy, great report and what a blast
Randy
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Randy »

aceshooter01 wrote:Randy, great report and what a blast
I havent been worth a darn all day,,,,,,,,,I could get up at 3am to go fishing, but 2 hours late getting to the office.....

maybe just to much MOJO, this weekend,,,, but it was a blast
aceshooter01

Post by aceshooter01 »

lol just hope it doesn't happen next weekend after the TOBA event.
CIGAR MAN

Girls vs. Guys

Post by CIGAR MAN »

Way to go Sharon and Virginia! Our force is getting bigger - I think that sometime soon we need to have a Girls vs. Guys Tournament - Brooke and I now with Sharon and Virginia are going to be a force to be dealt with.

Congrats again! Jan