is it REALLY happening.....
17%

Total votes: 23

QuakKillz
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

West Texas-San Angelo/Abilene/surrounding areas TKF Chapter

Post by QuakKillz »

okay guys, all of you post up. we need members who will be active to get this going.....
menard

Post by menard »

i am interested in a west texas chapter
Barnacle Bill
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Barnacle Bill »

ttt... We can get a chapter but we need more than 3 or 4 folks out here.. It would be "West Texas" and cover everywhere from Abilene/San Angelo/Odessa to El Paso... But we need to validate asking for it by having the numbers of folks who would be ACTIVE in it... I set up the San Marcos Chapter and other chapters but I don't want to waste the bandwidth for 2 or 3 folks...
Barnacle Bill
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Barnacle Bill »

I have sent a request for a West Texas Chapter to Clay. He will talk with Tom.. Since I already moderate a couple of forums here, I said I'd be the mod but we could elect a mod or some chapter gurus at a later date.. Obviously I've formed local chapters before such as TKF San Marcos, Team Cuisine, etc as most folks who've known me over the last 10 years know.

I like to have a laid back forum and plan get togethers and share info as is the norm.. I like to fish.. fish.. fish.. but I think it's also good to hold a tourney to benefit a local charity from time to time as TKF San Antonio does...

West Texas is a wide open area for TKF and we cold do a lot of good but ANYTHING we do in the name of TKF must be approved by Tom prior to the event. Lining up sponsors for those events and such is not a problem. I've had a lot of experience doing that from pro baseball to TKF and with some of the folks living in God's country could help as well.. We could get paddling classes lined up with C.B kayak - Hector who is licensed kayak guru instructor.. Hector will tell you that he's a paddler first and a fisherman second. His prices are reasonable and we could work an Intro to Kayaking when we gain newbies... He also owns a Bed and Breakfast in Aransas Pass that is the best you could ever find.

We can also hold fly fishing classes and I know I could get Barry or Al over to teach them. We hosted them in San Marcos and Austin and those guys are top notch.. Barry and Al taught me fly fishing and Barry is the best rod builder you could ever find.. He built me spinning rods, baitcasting rods, off shore rods, fly rods, etc.. He built my kids their fishing rods..

What we can do is only limited by us. The resources are all around us... BUT, we HAVE TO HAVE the interest to make it work.. If we only have 1 or 2 folks posting, then the Chapter (if granted) will dissolve and be deleted...
olderndirt

West TX Chapter

Post by olderndirt »

I would join this even if I don't get to fish as often as I like. Living in
Odessa it is a long drive to water. but I do go when I get time off work.
mloving

WT chapter

Post by mloving »

As a newbie to the board, I am not sure what exactly is involved in creating a chapter, but it sounds good. mike
Panfisher

WTKF

Post by Panfisher »

Sure, why not?
jsharp

Post by jsharp »

sounds good to me im always looking for someone close to me to fish with
QuakKillz
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by QuakKillz »

okay, 11 votes and only 5 or 6 names....post up when you vote fellas! PLEASE.... so we can know who to contact later....
imaginefj

Post by imaginefj »

Excellent, I posted something about starting a chapter months ago.

Sorry, I have been MIA for such a long time. With graduation, work, business stuff it has been hectic.

So...can I be a charter member or what? I just so happen to have 490 extra email boxes on my domain name if we need one for anything.

How about some of the San Angelo people get together for a late dinner/quick dip in the river? Everyone has to eat/paddle right?

BB, how is the baseball thing going?
MWS65

Post by MWS65 »

sounds good.
QuakKillz
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by QuakKillz »

How about some of the San Angelo people get together for a late dinner/quick dip in the river? Everyone has to eat/paddle right?
been scouting some prime fishing waters too :)
concho kid

Post by concho kid »

concho kid voted and i am almost positive kickin bass would be in.
jsharp

Post by jsharp »

come on guys post up lets make this thing happen
Barnacle Bill
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Barnacle Bill »

I've PM'd Clay and it's up to Tom. I haven't asked Tom yet because I wanted to see the interest and point to this thread so he can see for himself.

I'll PM Tom tomorrow and see what he says.
QuakKillz
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by QuakKillz »

Barnacle Bill wrote: We could get paddling classes lined up with C.B kayak - Hector who is licensed kayak guru instructor.. Hector will tell you that he's a paddler first and a fisherman second. His prices are reasonable and we could work an Intro to Kayaking when we gain newbies... He also owns a Bed and Breakfast in Aransas Pass that is the best you could ever find.
he's originally from around here too if I remember correctly.....
sureshot56

Post by sureshot56 »

Don't know how active I can be as I normally work weekends, but would like to see it happen.
QuakKillz
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by QuakKillz »

can you post??, we already know you can........then just do what you can and fish when you can.....
QuakKillz
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by QuakKillz »

who else? post up guys!
Camping Yakker

New chapter

Post by Camping Yakker »

Someone going to teach me to freshwater fish. Getting where I cant afford to drive back to the coast often. Cobra fnd, Cobra triple, and a double if I can find one for the right price. Obessive compulsive, Nah.
QuakKillz
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by QuakKillz »

we sure will! does moss lake have any water?? I remember drinking beer there when I was at Howard........many moons ago
Camping Yakker

Moss Lake

Post by Camping Yakker »

Just came from talking to the manager at Moss Lake. Deepest point on his depth finder was 21 ft. He said it over 20 ft low. The city has been put ting about 16,000 fingerlings? a year in the lake. Supposedly mostly bass. Avg size at this time is about 12"????. Dont quote me on any of this. Lyndon
TKFStubb
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

West Texas Chapter?

Post by TKFStubb »

Not many people remember, but our FIRST EVER chapter of TKF was started in Lubbock! The Red Raider Chapter didn' last long, but the enthusiasm was great for a while. Lake Henry was the ONLY water we could find to fish but I understand that there are some really good stock ponds out there. I would not be against a chapter out there again but I sure would like to see some more interest. Its hard to get folks to drive far any more just for a meeting now and then. Yes, we even had sit down chapter meetings ! I had to fly out there to attend! 8) [/b]
mloving

Lubbock Kayaking

Post by mloving »

Just took my 16 month old grandson for his first kayaking on one of the playa lakes in lubbock over the weekend. I think he is hooked already. I flyfished a little from the kayak after he went home. Stupid Lubbock fish dont know how to hit San Angelo flies. mike
QuakKillz
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Re: West Texas Chapter?

Post by QuakKillz »

TKFStubb wrote:Not many people remember, but our FIRST EVER chapter of TKF was started in Lubbock! The Red Raider Chapter didn' last long, but the enthusiasm was great for a while. Lake Henry was the ONLY water we could find to fish but I understand that there are some really good stock ponds out there. I would not be against a chapter out there again but I sure would like to see some more interest. Its hard to get folks to drive far any more just for a meeting now and then. Yes, we even had sit down chapter meetings ! I had to fly out there to attend! 8) [/b]
there ya go guys, straight from the boss's mouth....lets get some people intrested and get this thing going! even if we have to recruit new members!