is it REALLY happening.....
17%

Total votes: 23

Barnacle Bill
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Barnacle Bill »

Good stuff Tom!

That's what we need folks.. More folks to post up.. I saw 3 kayakers at OC Fisher this weekend but they were out in the lake and I couldn't talk to them because Karen and I were just out chasing jackalopes... Those are the folks we need to talk to...
QuakKillz
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by QuakKillz »

had it not been my maiden voyage Thursday I may have chased down the pddler I saw on thursday.......
cuttbait

West Texas Chapter

Post by cuttbait »

Sign me up. Having a West Texas Chapter that sponsors events/clinics will certainly create more interest and involvement in the sport. It is not that long until the early spring RV & Boat Shows that will also facilitate even more exposure and interest in a West Texas Chapter.
Barnacle Bill
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Barnacle Bill »

Here ya go...

mloving

Post by mloving »

OC is usually my default paddling and fishing lake because it is closest to where I live north of San Angelo. I have started seeing more and more kayakers out there. I will spread the word. mike
QuakKillz
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by QuakKillz »

looks good Bill! mloving...where at in north angelo area ya? I am out by the coliseum myself.......
Barnacle Bill
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Barnacle Bill »

Were you out there this weekend mloving? I saw 3 kayakers out there on Saturday... 2 SOT and 1 SINK.
mloving

Post by mloving »

i live out in the brush between carlsbad and water valley. no i was in lubbock this weekend. gave my 16 month old grandson his first kayak ride. mike
QuakKillz
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by QuakKillz »

not much river left out that way....when I was a kid I would fish water valley park.....A LOT! ....... dagblasted drought.....
mloving

Post by mloving »

i still wade flyfish the north concho at live oak crossing and sometimes put the kayak in. small bass and bluegill mostly but they are fun on a flyrod. mike
Barnacle Bill
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Barnacle Bill »

I was at the North Concho in San Angelo State Park this weekend.. Karen and I went and walked it for a while. It was mostly dry but we found a couple of deep areas holding fish.
mloving

Post by mloving »

it is good to kayak up the river from the boat ramp. It is probably about a two or two and a half mile paddle and there are some fairly good spots up the river. I have taken bass, channel cat and crappie on flies out there.

I am also on the board of the Friends of San Angelo State Park so I have an in there to get stuff posted and promoted. There may be some people on the FoSASP board who are interested. I will let them know. mike
Barnacle Bill
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Barnacle Bill »

I've sent a request to Tom to form the Chapter. We'll give it a couple of months and some strong recruiting and see where we're at if he grants us the Chapter.
Camping Yakker

West Texas Chapter

Post by Camping Yakker »

I printed Barnacle Bills TKF recruitment poster and will post it at Moss Lake and try to get the sporting goods section at our super W/M to display it. Maybe someone in Midland could carry it to the Academy on Loop 250. If not, I will eventually go through there.
QuakKillz
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Re: West Texas Chapter

Post by QuakKillz »

Camping Yakker wrote:I printed Barnacle Bills TKF recruitment poster and will post it at Moss Lake and try to get the sporting goods section at our super W/M to display it. Maybe someone in Midland could carry it to the Academy on Loop 250. If not, I will eventually go through there.
AWESOME! thanks for your help!
imaginefj

Post by imaginefj »

I know alot of guys with yaks I need to do some promoting.
QuakKillz
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by QuakKillz »

imaginefj wrote:I know alot of guys with yaks I need to do some promoting.
git'r done! :)
theguttie

Lubbock

Post by theguttie »

:shock: Big kayak fisherman out of Lubbock. It takes a long paddle to get to good fishing spots on Alan Henry. Well not really, I have just seen too much of the lake from the launch point at the main ramp. I fish deep water points for the big bass. You can count me in for the TKF! Great idea! We can have our meetings were we plan to fish. The first couple we could do over the phone or blog some place on the internet. :P
QuakKillz
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by QuakKillz »

we'll sure figure out something.....glad to have ya, welcome to TKF!
Bigjam
Location: Vacillating between various levels of bliss in San Angelo, TX

Post by Bigjam »

I'd join the chapter as well. Do you San Angelo-area guys ever fish together? I mainly fish Nasworthy around the reeds off of Mary Lee Park and up by Spring Creek Marina. I'll put in around Bell Street ramp every once in a while. Let me know if y'all ever get together. Someone make sure to get the word out if/when we get our own chapter.
QuakKillz
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by QuakKillz »

we have our own chapter now....just go to the "chapters" menu and request entrance....Barnacle Bill is out of town, but he'll approve it as soon as he gets back....I would, but I don't have the privleges.....sorry....
Roofish
TKF 6000 Club
TKF 6000 Club

Post by Roofish »

Can I join please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, Oh never mind I already did Thanks alot :lol: