Caught em and still lost it all

capt carl
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by capt carl »

I HAD 2 TAKLE TRAYS AT CHUCKS HOUSE,WELL I WANT HAVE TO DRIVE ACROSS TOWN TO GET THEM.lIKE CHUCK I CAN BUY MORE
capt carl
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by capt carl »

CHUCK CK THE LOCAL HOCK SHOPS,YOU MIGHT FIND YOUR STUFF.TELL THE OWNER YOU WILL PAY THE COST,IF HE WILL GIVE YOU THE SELLERS NAME,IF NOT YOU WILL CALL COPS,AS HE HAS STOLEN PROPERTY IN HIS POSSESION
Scotty

Post by Scotty »

:?:
Davy Jones

Post by Davy Jones »

I was raised with the philosophy that nothing is more important than human life! That being said, when you come across someone stealing, you don't know if your life is in immediate danger or not. It's for sure their philosophy about someone else's property greatly differs from mine and so I have to conclude his philosophy about the importance of life differs also. I am a human life and so is my wife and children. I will not wait to see if you intend me bodily harm before I shoot. I'm sure living with it afterwards would be hard, but knowing if I had not hesitated I would still have my wife or child would be unbearable.

It's time in this country to stop expecting someone else to protect you and do some of it yourself. A policeman cannot sit guard on your property and can only investigate the crime after it happens. I am a firm supporter of gun control.

GUN CONTROL - Being able to hit your target!
Kayak Nomad 1

Post by Kayak Nomad 1 »

The Castle Doctrine Law is one of the few laws passed in recent history that actually helps the law abiding citizen!!! I was amazed that it passed.
So, pity the fool who comes onto my property to do harm. I have to obey the law, and the law says that I can defend myself, my family, and my property. And, as the old saying goes - "I'd rather be tried by twelve, than carried by six".

God Bless America And Texas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reel Tactics

Post by Reel Tactics »

Jay61 wrote:
Reel Tactics wrote:I see where this topic is going... Some personal opinions are about to be confronted. Im poppin the pop-corn, do you want some?
I learned my lesson and am stayin' out of this one! Pass the popcorn,please. :D
How much butter did you want? :lol:
Nim Rod

Post by Nim Rod »

For those who would not shoot...you're certainly entitled to that noble position. You must, however, acknowledge
that those of us on the other side make it possible for you to abstain from violence. If police were the only enforcement, and
there was no chance for reprisal from the victims, crimes against individuals would run rampant. There is a very, very rational
reason why the laws are what they are.
Hambone911
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Hambone911 »

If punks were in my yard messing with my stuff away from my house I think I would put a round in the grass near them and then try to sound like The Duke. I would probably not pull off the tough part though. I am not sure I could live with taking a life over property without giving goofy neighborhood teenagers a chance to do the right thing. Where I used to live out in the country they would have just been up a creek without a paddle!

If punks came ANYWHERE NEAR my house, they would be in a pool of blood no questions asked. :evil: People sniffing around a home during the hours that civilized folks are sleeping will only understand lead. My wife is more capable than I am of accomplishing this task if I am on shift.
YaknYota
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club
Location: Licensed River Guide, Floating the Middle/Upper Brazos River since 1989

Post by YaknYota »

The kids would probably survive my methods.

As long as I don't mistake them for POACHERS !!!! :twisted:
ootsabryan

Post by ootsabryan »

Hambone911 wrote:If punks were in my yard messing with my stuff away from my house I think I would put a round in the grass near them and then try to sound like The Duke. I would probably not pull off the tough part though. I am not sure I could live with taking a life over property without giving goofy neighborhood teenagers a chance to do the right thing. Where I used to live out in the country they would have just been up a creek without a paddle!

If punks came ANYWHERE NEAR my house, they would be in a pool of blood no questions asked. :evil: People sniffing around a home during the hours that civilized folks are sleeping will only understand lead. My wife is more capable than I am of accomplishing this task if I am on shift.
One of the few non-ignorant posts in this thread. Breaking into your house at night is one thing, but shooting someone for being on your property at night in a shed or running from your property is another. You'll feel like a real tough guy until you find out you shot some 14 year old kid out just doing stupid things that 99% of young teenage boys do at some point in their lives (not talking about stealing, just running around on your property causing mischief at night). Just remember your "tough guy neighbor" with the same attitude as you just might shoot your own kid unknowingly.

But if you catch them in your house, then all bets are off, blast away. I just don't think its worth shooting somebody who is running away from your property. Sure you might get off like Joe Horn did but I wouldn't risk my freedom for a few hundred bucks worth of goods that some dude is running away with. If you do and end up behind bars you can tell Bubba all about how you were just using your constitutional right as he's cornholing you.
Jay61
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Jay61 »

Chaz wrote:Out of respect for your neighbors - don't miss when you line that 45 ACP or 9 mm or 357 on some crackhead - or use a good backstop. I am OK with the concept but have a real concern for some poor kid or mom next door catching a round due to poor aim.
Enough popcorn and sidelines....
I can understand the urge to shoot someone for stealing and if you think you can do it, fire away. However, for the sake of everyone else's safety use a shotgun. I've seen what a 12 ga. with #4 shot does to a person. It gets the point across. If you really want to end their existence, go with 00 buck, but stay away from the bullets if you can. They go through houses and other unintentional targets.

Sorry to hear about your stuff and lastly, don't jeopardize YOUR life for "stuff". Remember that if someone is bold enough to steal, they're more than likely prepped to kill if it means not getting caught.
pgardn

Post by pgardn »

I really like the junky yard, dog protection idea.

Thing is if you leave a bunch of kids in a pool of blood
for taking your things, thats not the end of it. It is called
FAMILY. These kids are most likely not brought up to do
the right thing Im guessing. So their family, which might
be very extensive (2nd cousins on down) might feel some
sort of unwarranted injustice has been visited upon them.

And they might come back to exact their own retribution.
At a time of their bidding. There are a lot of nuts out there.
Stay safe.

Just one guy's thoughts. I hate having stuff stolen off my property.
But I would rather not be around. I personally would not take a life for
material goods. But thats just me. I very much understand
the frustration of punks out of control.

I wish the poster could have rounded them all up, and have
a stinking county jail hold them in separate cells with some of the
regulars for a week or two.
Gartooth

Post by Gartooth »

Theives suck. So do pit bulls when they get out and kill one of the neighbors' kids.
txlawman78

Post by txlawman78 »

I think the Castle Doctrine is a good thing, and I'm proud to have been born and reared in a state as great as Texas that would allow this type of law to stand.

I would never ever chastise any Texas resident who used whatever level of force they deemed necessary at the time to protect their property, family, or lives. Judging someone else's actions after the fact in a situation like that is not only ignorant and naive, but it is virtually impossible to do so objectively. Even if you were actually there, you were not inside that individual's head experiencing his/her thoughts and emotions.

That being said, there are considerations to take into account when dealing with this matter.

First, in this litigious age we live in it is a virtual certainty that YOU WILL BE SUED. I understand that you paid lots of hard earned dollars for your gear. I did, too. But how much gear can you replace with the money you will have to spend on legal fees? It's not unusual to spend $10K or more JUST on a criminal defense lawyer to get you off by way of using a precedent like the Castle Doctrine. That dosen't even begin to touch what you will pay in the long, drawn out civil procedings.

Secondly, I have seen firsthand the sometimes devistating effects that can be caused in a person's life as they try to come to terms with the fact that they have killed another human being. The psychological and emotional turmoil can be extensive. The thing about it is, you never know how it will effect you until you have to deal with it. It is different for everyone.

Please don't misunderstand my viewpoint on the subject. I think that the majority of people who would come to someone's house and steal their belongings are OXYGEN THIEVES and have comming to them whatever they get, one way or another.

I just very firmly believe that the split-second you have before you pull the trigger is not the point at which you should be contemplating some of these things for the first time. Go over some scenarios in your head. Draw your own conclusions, while you are calm and thinking clearly. Repeat. If you do this, you are more likely to make the decision that is right for you at the time you have to make it.

All the people I've had the pleasure of meeting and conversing with on this board seem like real good folks. I sincerely hope none of you ever have to make the kind of choice discussed in this thread, but if you do, it's best to be prepared in every aspect.

OK....off my soapbox. Somebody said there was a fishing forum around here somewhere..... :wink:
FishingSETX
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by FishingSETX »

outside my house running away = no shot

outside my house threatning = bang

inside my house = BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG, click,
reload, repeat as many times as needed

While I would have a hard time not poping a theif running away with my stuff, it has been said before, it would cost ALOT more to get my @$$ out of legal trouble.

I look back at alot of the crap we did as teens ( TPing houses, sneaking through back yards to avoid geting caught breaking curfews, etc), and wonder how we never got shot!! Just like hunting, know your target before you pull the trigger (or at least their intentions)!

Sorry for your loss!!
Trinitytrout

Post by Trinitytrout »

No doubt I catch people stealing my stuff again Ill smoke em. Last time they got me for thousands of dollars of my hunting and fishing gear. Two biggest items was my benelli sbe 2 and my honda rincon. Running or not on my property at night stealing = death.
CopanoCruisin
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by CopanoCruisin »

By all means, Don't shoot in the head. Shoot approx. 12 to 14 inches below the center of the eyes. Thanks for the Castle law!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ShotMagnet
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club
Location: Westhiemer and Sam Houston TW; Channel 69 on VHF; "THE DUDE ABIDES" "NICE MARMOT&

Post by ShotMagnet »

Gofish! wrote:
str8wire wrote:Can you shoot five kids for stealing your tools?
Well, if they are kids, you try to shoot them in the leg or something :| :? .
then you get to deal with a lawyer :roll: if you kill em then you just deal with the law and they let you go
[/code]
RealBigReel
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Bible quote:

Post by RealBigReel »

Exodus 22:2 If a thief be found breaking up, and be smitten that he die, there shall no blood be shed for him.

It is not murder to kill in defense of life or property.

Inherent in the 2nd amendment "right to keep and bear arms" is the right to use those arms in defense. (Recently affirmed by the Supreme Court.)

However, remember this, you have to live with yourself and the consequences. Been there, finger on the trigger but did not shoot, glad I didn't.

Excellent advise txlawman78, really well grounded.
Davy Jones

Post by Davy Jones »

Do you really want to quote the Bible? Try " Thy Shalt Not Kill " . Man's law may let you go, but you will still have to face God!

It would be a terrible thing to have to take someone's life, but letting the police handle it is just not working. As long as there are no reprisals, it is going to continue. You see it everyday where the criminal is back on the street before the officer can finish the paperwork.

Sorry, I'm like the gentleman above, where is that fishing forum?
Northsider
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Northsider »

Gartooth wrote:Theives suck. So do pit bulls when they get out and kill one of the neighbors' kids.
That all depends on whether your a responsible owner and keep your dogs contained or not. I've owned pits all my life and I've never had any of my dogs bite someone.....yet. If they think your a threat and you don't belong on my property well that's gonna be a different story. The media has given them a bad name, it's no different than when they talk about how bad guns are to society, Pits can also be a weapon in the wrong hands just like a gun. If you raise them to be stupid well they'll be stupid. Besides I have never been bitten by a pit and I hope I never do but I can say I have been bit 5 times in my life by dogs and all of them have been by 5 different Dalmatians in 5 separate incidents. I can't stand a Dalmatian when I see one I walk the other way. If your a responsible Pit owner you shouldn't have any problems. Most of the Pits that attack people are chain dogs and all of mine have been kennel raised and that makes a huge difference in they're temperament. My little brother was mauled by a Pit raised on a chain and trust me it wasn't pretty but that's what happens when you raise ANY dog on a chain. Thieves are thick around these parts and if one day my dogs got after one it would be cause they were protecting my property and us, no other reason. It's not a breed of dog that I would recommend someone getting if they don't have the time for the dog because a pit requires a lot of training, they love attention more than any other breed I can think of and if you don't put in the time required to socialize your dog well you'll just asking for trouble and it'll be no ones fault but your own. In my eyes there is no better breed than the Pit period. Oh and shouldn't this be on the off topic board?
redhead
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by redhead »

Shoot 'em in the ass with blow dart thats been dipped in Gulp juice!!!! :D
littlefisherman

Post by littlefisherman »

If they are in my yard and taking my things, that tells me that there not in they're right mind. So I know should fear for my life and the life of my family!!! I am not out to hurt them, I am going to end the life of what is causing my fear. I will shot until I am out of bullets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My familys life and mine mean more to me than anything. You threaten my way of life.... bang... bang ... bang and so on.
osochuck
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by osochuck »

To kill or not to Kill?

I wish we had better less than lethal options.

Why should the law enforcement agencies be the only ones to be allowed to buy "pepper" balls. Why can't we buy as effective "tazers" as the Law?

But I can go and buy a .45 all day long. It seems like that they would want to encourage Less than Lethal options.

Don: Hey, Napoleon. What did you do last summer again?
Napoleon Dynamite: I told you! I spent it with my uncle in Alaska hunting wolverines!
Don: Did you shoot any?
Napoleon Dynamite: Yes, like 50 of 'em! They kept trying to attack my cousins, what the heck would you do in a situation like that?
Don: What kind of gun did you use?
Napoleon Dynamite: A freakin' 12-gauge, what do you think?
castnblast
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by castnblast »

Don't take this wrong - I'm a shoot first, ask questions later kinda guy too...BUT...The house as your castle law is just that - in your house...so...if you shoot one of those punks in your yard, you better have a good lawyer and hope the grand jurry no-bills you. If it's dark, and you don't killem, your story to the police better be they pointed a gun at you and you acted in self defense. In most cases a grand jury will side w/ the property owner, unless you live in one of those pinko-liberal wimp areas...