East Matagorda and Anuahac Refuge Walk in Wadfishing Spots?

CostaDeCajunTejas34

East Matagorda and Anuahac Refuge Walk in Wadfishing Spots?

Post by CostaDeCajunTejas34 »

Havent Fished These Spots in a Long Time and Curious where i can walk in wadefish in these areas. Im probably going this weekend, Saturday Moring.

Open mindds to all!

Thanks!
Cadillac Red

Post by Cadillac Red »

CostaDeCajunTejas34,

I have fished a the Anuahac Refuge 2 times this month. You can go in off of 1985 but you can only get to the bay boat ramp. They have rebuilt the roads to the ramp but you can not get to frozen point. If you go and you're wading take your time the second time I was out there a Northern blew in and the water went out about two feet tons of stuff in the water but you can still wade. I am planning on going out sat around noon. I might see you out there. OH and don't tell anyone the refuge is open I've been trying to keep it a secret. Good luck whatever you do.
CostaDeCajunTejas34

Post by CostaDeCajunTejas34 »

Can I walk in Wade there?
Dom

Post by Dom »

The only places I'm aware of to access East Matagorda Bay on foot would be along FM 2031 or to drive down the beach and get back to the bay from there. I know a lot of people that drive to 3 mile cut or 9 mile cut and even to (old) Brown Cedar Cut from the beach but those guys have 4x4's and winches and the whole setup. They also have other guys with 4x4's who know where they will be and are willing to drive out there and get them out.