Next boat

TexaRican
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Next boat

Post by TexaRican »

Now I just need Gerald to draw me up some S&G plans that would be the equivalent of one of these:

http://diablopaddlesports.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Night Wing
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Re: Next boat

Post by Night Wing »

Sweet! I hope Gerald can come up with the plans similar to the Diablo.
TexaRican
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by TexaRican »

I can stand up and pole my flats canoe all day long. It would just be nice to have one lower-profile so it would be a little more salt (wind) friendly. Plus I want a boat that is only 12' or so for when I go solo. I've looked at paddleboard plans and pondered modifying them into something like a flats stalker.
gerald
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by gerald »

That's a very good design with a lot of versatility and positives. Speed is not one of those positives but with such a boat that's not what you're looking for. I like it. STILL....wood composite does not lend itself well to sot type construction--or any other type of construction where you have enclosed spaces you can't get to easily. It may just be a quirk of mine, but I want to be able to get to all of the boat for repairs, refurbish, and refinish. I AM kicking around designs that are similar to this, but it will be awhile before I do anything new. I've got to finish all current projects.
JEM

Post by JEM »

gerald wrote:wood composite does not lend itself well to sot type construction--or any other type of construction where you have enclosed spaces you can't get to easily.
Can I get an "AMEN"!

They are a bugger.
bowgarguide
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by bowgarguide »

Pepper
You know you are hooked on boat building when you are planning the next boat before you get through with the one you are working on :lol: :lol:
Ron
preacher
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by preacher »

JEM wrote:
gerald wrote:wood composite does not lend itself well to sot type construction--or any other type of construction where you have enclosed spaces you can't get to easily.
Can I get an "AMEN"!

They are a bugger.
AMEN!
But, when you're finished they are incredible . . . I think :shock:

Chris, the Bumble Bee is a "stand up in" boat. Just difficult to load on top of anything.
neon14

Post by neon14 »

This is exactly what I have been looking for. I like the fact that you can sit with your legs hanging off the side of the boat. It looks like the perfect guadalupe river boat for me. It has low sides kind of like the plastic kayak that I use now. I wonder how a 3 panel version of this would work?