August Lures Tourney

Coastal Country
TKF 6000 Club
TKF 6000 Club

August Lures Tourney

Post by Coastal Country »

I'm so nice of a guy to being giving you an excuse to hit academy :lol: Lures Tourney is the 27th, good day to be out fishing.

Same format:
- Longest Stringer of ONE(1) Slot Redfish and ONE(1) Trout AND ONE(1) FLOUNDER
- In the event of a tie pot is split amongst winners
- Entry fee is a new package of saltwater lures, (EX.~ DOA'S, TTF, Bass Assassins, Topwaters, etc.)
- Drop entry lure(s) off at Louis' Bait Camp before you fish, I'll be there early and will leave a bowl at Louis' for you to drop them off if you go elsewhere to fish. It's an honor system!
- Fishing time is from 6:30am till 4:00pm 8/27/11, you must be back by 4:30pm
- Have Fun! It's just fishing out of little plastic boats
Puckett

Re: August Lures Tourney

Post by Puckett »

I'm in again, fun tourney and great people, and I see you changed the start times, thats good with me.
Cadiyak Sam
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club
Location: Central Texas, Galveston// Manta Ray 11// Jackson CUDA// Team Turtle Head

Post by Cadiyak Sam »

Do you have to fish out of Louie's? Can I drop off my "entry fee" and drive to another location like GISP? Thanks for the info :D
Puckett

Post by Puckett »

Cadiyak Sam wrote:Do you have to fish out of Louie's? Can I drop off my "entry fee" and drive to another location like GISP? Thanks for the info :D

Yea Sam, you just need to drop off the entry fee and sign up and you can fish elsewhere, you just need to be back by 4:30.At least that's the way it was last month.

Sorry for butting in Russ.
Last edited by Puckett on Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cruisin_Cuda
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club
Location: Cypress, Tx- Earth JK Cruise, Urban Camo JK Cuda 14, Camo Hobie Outback

Post by Cruisin_Cuda »

I'll definitely be at this one! It'll be three trips in three weekends but I guess I can sleep when I'm dead, or single again :oops:
mercenarymedic2105

Post by mercenarymedic2105 »

I'm in and hopefully bringing at least one non-tkf'er
Cadiyak Sam
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club
Location: Central Texas, Galveston// Manta Ray 11// Jackson CUDA// Team Turtle Head

Post by Cadiyak Sam »

CamoBassProwler13 wrote:I'll definitely be at this one! It'll be three trips in three weekends but I guess I can sleep when I'm dead, or single again :oops:
Haha I hear you on that. I'm going to be down there this weekend too and then next weekend I'm going to be on the Colorado (hopefully). My girlfriend doesn't know it yet though :oops: .

I'm looking forward to it, should be a good weekend. Maybe I can get a look at that Prowler 13 you've got... :D :D :D
BayouBoy640

Post by BayouBoy640 »

Sounds Good, My son and Me will be there again! Hopefully we will caught something this time.
Cruisin_Cuda
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club
Location: Cypress, Tx- Earth JK Cruise, Urban Camo JK Cuda 14, Camo Hobie Outback

Post by Cruisin_Cuda »

Cadiyak Sam wrote:
CamoBassProwler13 wrote:I'll definitely be at this one! It'll be three trips in three weekends but I guess I can sleep when I'm dead, or single again :oops:
Haha I hear you on that. I'm going to be down there this weekend too and then next weekend I'm going to be on the Colorado (hopefully). My girlfriend doesn't know it yet though :oops: .

I'm looking forward to it, should be a good weekend. Maybe I can get a look at that Prowler 13 you've got... :D :D :D
Not a problem, it probably won't have any fish on it but it gets me out there and back! I had one of the old style tridents before and I liked it besides that it made me feel cramped in the cockpit with the rod pod but everything else was perfect. In the new ones the rod pod seems more low profile and it doesn't bother me at all! I can even stand up and pole around when it's calm as i found out this past weekend! Take that jackson kayaks :lol: :dance: nah but I look forward to seeing everybody and hopefully catch a fish or two. I'll be launching from Louies and going wherever the wind takes me :lol:
BILLYP

Post by BILLYP »

last tourney was my first and had a great time. (i was even the leader on the board... until pretty much anyone else got back to louie's with a fish... ha ha ha :lol: ) i won't be able to make it this time, but sure wish i could. but, did we ever decide when or if there was going to be a deep water re-entry "class" sometime? or did i already miss out? i know that it was mentioned at the last tournament due to the incident that occurred in the channel. that could just have easily been me and i want to be prepared since i am pretty new to kayaking and tend to venture out by myself quite a bit.
Coastal Country
TKF 6000 Club
TKF 6000 Club

No haven't set a date yet, work and planning a trip next month has had me hopping and having no extra time. If nothing else we can do it after the tourney if a few want to do that and we can set one up next month also
Cruisin_Cuda
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Cruisin_Cuda »

Hey Russ how early are you going to be there for us to drop off the lures and sign in? I was planning on Launching from Louis's but now I'm thinking about fishing confederate reef is the wind isn't howling and i'll need a little time to get over.
Coastal Country
TKF 6000 Club
TKF 6000 Club

I'll be there around 5:30 give or take to start taking enteries
jerkyourcroaker

Post by jerkyourcroaker »

Went to FTU yesterday and bought the entry fee for my son and me. We'll see you in the morning. good luck to all.