Any updates on Surfside debris?

sssharker

Any updates on Surfside debris?

Post by sssharker »

Planning to fish Surfside tomorrow. Anyone know if the debris is clearing up?
RedWolf
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club
Location: Clear Lake, Lime OK Frenzy, Lime Tarpon 120, Blue Tarpon 140

Re: Any updates on Surfside debris?

Post by RedWolf »

Little late, but ALL the beaches are primed for one helluva bonfire with all the logs, branches, limbs and sticks on the beach.
thrasher

Post by thrasher »

Probably best not to go near there right now. I think the Brazoria County Sheriff's dept has it locked down. Three shot at Surfside Beach: one killed, two wounded. :(

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?secti ... id=8612748" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Andreujc

Post by Andreujc »

I was there yesterday, conditions where not ideal for BTB. Caught some black drum form the surf. The beach is filled with debris and algae. Ended up leaving around 1pm. There was a lot of people and police presence was heavy but I guess it didn't matter. Thank god I left early.
mickeyd

Post by mickeyd »

Going Monday or Tuesday as they are forecasting "green" water. Might have to pick and choose spots due to incoming grass(not to mention left over crap from Saturday nite) but the debri has somewhat been pushed into piles and ready for pickup. Most of the nonsense took place between the fee booth and access roads within city limits. Might take a look at beach roads 4 or 6 and up towards San Luis Pass. They are working on shoulders and culverts as you go N and it is slow at times.