DFW area kayak hunting trips?

pershing

DFW area kayak hunting trips?

Post by pershing »

Anyone know anybody organizing kayak hog hunting trips? My dad and I would like to do something like that and are starting to look for the 2013 spring time. Any leads, if no kayak hunting, any straight hog hunting leads in the DFW area or within 1-2 hour drive. Thanks.

- Pershing
Earl
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Re: DFW area kayak hunting trips?

Post by Earl »

I would also be interested in a kayak camp/hog hunt. I have seen plenty along the river banks most anytime of year.

Earl
Carver
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Carver »

I don't get over here (TKF) as much as I used to, but if you get a trip organized please give me a shout.
I was going to do a pig trip at Coffee Mill lake after deer season is over. I have seen many on the creek heading to the west and the game wardens will definitely give you a pass to carry center-fire if you call them first. They really want the pigs gone/thinned too.. You can paddle up the creek and if the wind is from the south, you'll smell them from 100 yards even when they are bedded down.

I saw some pigs last year while crappie fishing on Rowlette creek just north of Miller road. I have been fishing there for over thirty years and never saw one ( or even sign ) before. This was a herd of about 25 including the dozen or so little ones. They did not run when they saw me. I drifted by 30 feet away and they were still grunting nearby in the woods when I cam back out just before dark. Sure seemed out of place.

Keep your powder dry, Phill
Earl
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Earl »

My sons have seen them along Rowlett Creek on the Allen/Plano border just west of 75. Also saw a couger there a few yrs back.

Earl
pershing

Post by pershing »

Seems Im not the only one with interest, there has to be someone with some experience willing to help out. Anyone?