Got to put the TV to good use

Homegrown

Got to put the TV to good use

Post by Homegrown »

I built this boat this summer primarily for fishing but wanted to use it to paddle into some less pressured areas of the lakes and do some deer hunting out of it too. I figured this boat would be the perfect fit to be able to get all of my gear in and still be able to haul out a deer if myself or my brother-who also built his own kayak-would be lucky enough to connect. Well, this past Sunday evening it all came together. We had been in this area several times and had moved our stand locations a couple times each trying to get in the right places to intercept these particular bucks that we had trail cam pics of. Sunday evening was the first time to go back in and hunt in our new trees and it almost produced a double as my brother was able to harvest his best buck to date and I had another shooter come right under me but was just too dark to see him. After walking under me the buck headed straight for my brother who had already begun trying to find his buck which we had both heard crash. When he heard the other buck coming his way he was able to get him in his light confirming that he was indeed the other buck we were hoping to see. Although the double didn't pan out it was a great hunt and we were both stoked about getting to see how the TV would handle hauling this BIG bodied buck back across the river to the ramp. After locating and field dressing him we began the long haul to where we had beached and loaded up all of our gear and the buck. We were both impressed at how well he fit in the boat and honestly it wasn't any harder paddling him back than it was paddling in my gear and 2 50 lb sacks of corn. It only took us about ten minutes of paddling and we were back to the truck and I guarantee you I would paddle a deer out 5 miles before I'd drag it out a half a mile! We were both glad to have him at the truck and be headed home. Congrats again to my brother on a great public land bow kill and thanks again to all you guys here that inspired and helped me to get this thing built. I love it!

HG
Attachments
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354685607.047236.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354685580.770197.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354685546.000719.jpg
Homegrown

Re: Got to put the TV to good use

Post by Homegrown »

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354685804.228931.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354685827.627105.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354685856.603161.jpg
Wish we could have got more pics of the boat in action but it was well after ten o'clock before we got to paddling and we were both exhausted and ready to be done. Besides, we gotta go back after that second buck still! We can get more pics then! HG
neon14

Post by neon14 »

I bet that deer never even thought it would be going for a boat ride that day! Thats awesome!
makenmend

Post by makenmend »

the good old TV hard to beat, congrats.

MM
kneekap

Post by kneekap »

That boat is way too nice to put a dead dear into!