OPEN INVITE SHAMROCK COVE OR RED DOT 2/8/13

Taichifisherman

OPEN INVITE SHAMROCK COVE OR RED DOT 2/8/13

Post by Taichifisherman »

Depending on if i have a partner shamrock it is. Red dot if i go alone or if anyone wants to join ill buy bait!
Wind will be blowing from the N. at 14mph and the temp will be in the mid 60s. I hope the fish will be biting theres only on way to find out.
Taichifisherman

Re: OPEN INVITE SHAMROCK COVE OR RED DOT 2/8/13

hit up the red dot ive been in worse conditions all in all it was a good day didnt get skunked had a few slammin hits only caught a pig fish :( but i will be heading out there again on v-day might take the wife!!
FishGONE!

Post by FishGONE! »

I was out at Red Dot on 2/7/13, My dad came in town, we headed out there around 8 pm till bout 11:30pm. The pier was packed and and the current was flowing. Slowly we got bites and slowly people left, for the first time ever we had the entire portion after the stair to ourselved but stayed where we were. Around 10 pm or so I hear some activity on towards the flats area or the Padre Island side of the Pier. I toss my dead shrimp and a little sand trout, my dad using catches a 18 in red. He hadnt caught a red in so long he though it was the legal length. I told him it was too short and he was like "when did they increase the size" lol I guess it has been that long since he has caugth a red. Either way I want to head out there again. What were you using? Pig Fish???
Taichifisherman

dead shrimp. pig fish look like a bigger piggy perch their from the same family from what ive seen.
Taichifisherman

Might hit up red dot when the sun comes up or dimmit pier. Ill let you know how it goes!