Final Reminder..NW yakkers meeting Tues. July 2, REI North

richg99
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Final Reminder..NW yakkers meeting Tues. July 2, REI North

Post by richg99 »

NorthWest Houston TKF meeting July 2, REI North Houston
Tuesday evening at REI 17717 Tomball Pkwy, Houston (832) 237-8833

(Southwest corner of FM-1960 (Cypress Creek Parkway & Rt 249-Tomball Parkway)

The meeting will start at 6:45 and should be finished by 8:45 p.m..

The agenda is "Meet and Greet" your fellow kayakers as well as the following:

We should have member Jerry Easterly with details about his recent Alaskan fishing adventure;

Dennis, Dr. Flatfish.... will be bringing his kayak-sail and will answer questions about its construction and uses.

It has been suggested that we have a knot tying segment...so I will bring some 1/4 inch colored lines. I hope we can encourage one or two guys/gals to show us how they tie their lures and yaks up.

Please let me know if you have any further suggestions, or can participate now or in the future.

regards, Rich
eyc0r

Re: Final Reminder..NW yakkers meeting Tues. July 2, REI North

Post by eyc0r »

How did it go? I had 100% intention of going to this meeting, but had a friend pass away last week... His wake, etc. was at the same time as this... Some of you might actually know him; he was a fixture in the Willowbrook area, especially behind the bar at Pappasito's...

I know we like to rotate locations, so I'm very interested in where the next one will be...

(I even had a fly fisherman bud that was going to come and do knot tying, etc.)...

Let's get this chapter moving again... I'm committed; gotta son due in October, so it's now or not till a while after October haha...

-Corey
richg99
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by richg99 »

Well, I was holding off on posting this answer to your question...since many people may not like what I have decided.

I'm sorry for your friend's passing, and certainly a situation like that calls for skipping a fishing meeting. I would have missed it too, if I had a friend pass on.

There will not be any more formal NW Chapter meetings at this time.

You can read the whys and where-fores on my next post...entitled...."No one cares"... which I will post in a few minutes on the NW Chapter forum.

Rich
Jason21

Post by Jason21 »

hey rich! Sorry to hear you have to cancel the meetings! I was looking forward to meeting some new people tonight. Hope we can get them started up again