Chasing Texoma Stripers July 6

Earl
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Chasing Texoma Stripers July 6

Post by Earl »

I made another trip up to Texoma to get in some striper chasing and paddling. I was on the water at Platter Flats by 5:50am and over to Washita Point by 6:20. On my way over to Washita Point I got a really nice hit on my Thunderstick but did not hook. The sun was just coming up and the boat parade was in full swing. I poked around Washita for a few minutes with no action. I then proceeded toward Rocky Point about 5 miles away. There were a few boats off on the main lake stopped then I came across a very nice school busting the top of the water. I quickly got my Chug Bug tied on and had a fished hooked the instant it hit the water. Landed 4 quick fish and had to follow the school some. The boat parade stayed away and most of the PB were flying across the water so fast they did not see the action.
Then I realized I forgot two things, ICE and camera. OK, nearest ice was at Grandpappy Pt and off I was. I found a few more schools on the way and picked up a couple more nice fish. Got my ice and back on the water and decided to just make a day of paddling also. I paddled up Little Mineral then back out on the main lake back toward Platter Flats. I found some late topwater action about 1pm that put me at 8 and wanted to target some larger fish deeper down to get me 2 over 19”. Trolled a while and did not see any large fish busting the water only the smaller ones still hitting the top. Got back to the truck by 2pm. Paddled about 18-19 miles for the day and managed this picture at Grandpappy with the cell phone.

SYOTW,
Earl
boater71

Re: Chasing Texoma Stripers July 6

Post by boater71 »

Saweet, Hopefully I too will partake in the next week or two
fishinmachine

Post by fishinmachine »

Nothing at all wrong with that day, Earl. You've logged some good miles, explored a bit, caught some very nice fish and were back home before the day was done. Thanks for sharing!
fishinmachine

Post by fishinmachine »

double post....