Lone Star Chronicles - Life, Liberty & the Pursuit of Fish

B_Rod

Lone Star Chronicles - Life, Liberty & the Pursuit of Fish

Post by B_Rod »

Our kayak fishing blog (Lone Star Chronicles) has made it to the final round of the Kayak Angler's Choice Awards for best kayak fishing Blog of the Year. We started this national competition in a field of 30 blogs and after two rounds, we've made it to the top five, but there's one last round of voting.

If you're not familiar with our blog, my son, Dan, is the photographer and I’m the writer--at least I think I am. If you've ever read our blog then you probably already know us, and we’d love to get your vote in this last round. To vote, click here: Vote. Note: there are ten categories and Blog of the Year is the last one.

If you’re not familiar with our work, then I’d like to offer you a sampling of our blog. I hope you enjoy Lone Star Chronicles:

Family Float - She used to be my best fishing buddy until the aliens kidnapped her at the start of her teens. But I think the aliens brought her back because she actually wanted to come fishing with us. This is the result. To read about the trip, click here: Blast from the Past II: Family Fishing Float | Lone Star Chronicles

Boomerang on the Pecos
- Four men in four kayaks in the middle of nowhere for four days…what could possibly go wrong? Read here: Boomerang on the Pecos | Lone Star Chronicles

Nala on the Brazos
Nala is my pup and she hates the water…but you wouldn’t know it on this day. To read why ,click here: Nala on the Brazos | Lone Star Chronicles

Backdoor to the Devils - This is the trip that first got me thinking about starting a blog to begin with. To read it, click here: Backdoor to the Devils River | Lone Star Chronicles

January on the Brazos
- North Texas gets pretty nipply in January…but it’s still my favorite time of the year to fish. To see why, click here: January on the Upper Brazos | Lone Star Chronicles

The Pummeling - Not kayak related, but a good fish tale none-the-less, and more importantly, a good lesson learned at someone else's expense. Not gonna lie, I put a lot of work into this story and I’m proud of the results, but the guy it's about didn’t appreciate my write up…so you be the judge. Read here: The Pummeling ? A Tale of a Man & 15 Bass | Lone Star Chronicles

Hooked - I didn’t grow up fishing and neither did my son, so how in the hell did we end up with a fishing blog? Because of this fish: Photo of the Day ? October 24, 2013 | Lone Star Chronicles

Again, if you’d like to vote for us, please here: Kayak Anglers Choice Awards and thank you very much. Tight lines...Bert & Dan Rodriguez
johnboy
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Re: Lone Star Chronicles - Life, Liberty & the Pursuit of Fish

Post by johnboy »

Saw your stuf fover there the other day. I like it!