Threw In The Towel

no-snag

Threw In The Towel

Post by no-snag »

I threw in the towel on the big tuna this week. I just could get that dang Hobie PA out of mind after demoing it a few weeks ago. Yep, I did it. I bought a new PA 14 from Garret at Happy Trails on Monday!!! I hope to get it wet and, with a little luck, slimed this weekend!!!!!

Garret is a great guy. Very friendly and helpful. If you guys are in the market for a new yak, go see him in San Angelo. He is in the same shopping center as Zentner's Daughter off Knickerbocker!
GCARR

Re: Threw In The Towel

Post by GCARR »

Those PA's look sweet, I like the idea of built on rod holders and being hands free. Good luck with your new rig.
Aggroman
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Aggroman »

Congrats on the new yak! I was in there the other day looking at the hobies. Man those look nice.
grevengrevs

Post by grevengrevs »

I was just in there today looking at the Hobies! Bought an Osprey bag for hiking but man I wish I could get a Hobie.
no-snag

Post by no-snag »

Thanks guys. It was quite a bit to chew but, finally she gave in! HaHa, the wife that is.

I test "peddled" a PA 12 Garret let me borrow a few weeks ago. I am still in shock how fast that dang thing will run. It turns so sharp and peddles so fast it will throw you in the drink before you know it. Of course that was the twelve, I don't expect the 14 to do the same.

The PA 12 was also the only yak I have been able to stand in comfortably. The next closest was the Commander 140 but it still was too wobbly for me.

In the past I shied away from Hobies, except for the Quest, because I felt some need to stay "traditional". Now I just want to fish comfortably and get to where I need to be no matter the wind or wave conditions, without having the expense of a big boat.

Hope to fish with you guys soon. If you know of anyone who is interested in our sport but doesn't have a yak, send me a message, I have a couple loaners.

D