Considering a NuCanoe

deral

Considering a NuCanoe

Post by deral »

I am thinking about purchasing a NuCanoe Frontier, but I know nothing about them other than what I've read and seen on the Internet. Any ideas/suggestions/opinions would be appreciated!
Neumie
Site Admin

Re: Considering a NuCanoe

Post by Neumie »

I've paddled the Frontier and, for what it is, it's actually a decent paddling kayak; it's MUCH better than the original version. Tracks surprisingly well, decent speed, and of course it's very stable.

I think there are two or three dealers here in North Texas, so you should be able to demo one.
deral

Post by deral »

Hey Neumie!
Great to hear from you and I appreciate the response!
Monday, I hope to borrow a demo from Texas Outdoors and take it to Benbrook. Maybe I’ll be able to satisfy my curiosity then.
As a side note, in June, a group of ‘yakers are headed to your old “stompin’ grounds”. We have a house rented on the water in Rockport and will be there for five days. This will be my third year to go with them, and although my saltwater fishing skills leave a lot to be desired, the trip is always an absolute blast!
A couple of weeks ago, a group of us attempted a three day trip down the Illinois River in Oklahoma, but the high winds, rain, sleet, snow, and flooding pretty much made a fiasco of that trip. What little time we got to spend fishing was still fun, though, even though I still have yet to catch my first trout!
Keep in touch!
Deral
Shaun Russell

Post by Shaun Russell »

It's a very stable kayak and great for short distance paddles. But keep in mind that that stability comes at a price. The 41" wide kayak requires you to use a much longer paddle. Normally you have to more up from a 230cm paddle all the way to a 275cm paddle. It is very stable kayak and the Frontier 12 has a 650lb weight limit. When you go on a demo, have someone go with you in another kayak and try to keep up with them. A trolling motor is another good option for the frontier.
Neumie
Site Admin

Post by Neumie »

deral wrote:Hey Neumie!
Great to hear from you and I appreciate the response!
Monday, I hope to borrow a demo from Texas Outdoors and take it to Benbrook. Maybe I’ll be able to satisfy my curiosity then.
As a side note, in June, a group of ‘yakers are headed to your old “stompin’ grounds”. We have a house rented on the water in Rockport and will be there for five days. This will be my third year to go with them, and although my saltwater fishing skills leave a lot to be desired, the trip is always an absolute blast!
A couple of weeks ago, a group of us attempted a three day trip down the Illinois River in Oklahoma, but the high winds, rain, sleet, snow, and flooding pretty much made a fiasco of that trip. What little time we got to spend fishing was still fun, though, even though I still have yet to catch my first trout!
Keep in touch!
Deral
Are you going down with GoDoe? He's supposed to be there in June too. I think I'll be in Rockport the first weekend of June with the family, and may be back down the following for Father's Day.

My attempt at the Illinois River was cancelled too due to ice/snow back in January or February.
GoDoe
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by GoDoe »

Thread hijack. I am headed to AP for two weeks on Saturday then back in June for at least 3 weeks. I hear the fishing is pretty tough but this itch needs scratching.

John