Front Row's First Red

Kingwood Kayaker
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Front Row's First Red

Post by Kingwood Kayaker »

Hey Everyone,

This happened a few months ago, but we just now got the disposable camera's film developed.

Front Row finally caught a Red and it was even her first fish from the plastic boat. I didn't have to tell her to smile. All I had to do was point the camera at her and she handled the rest. :D

I was about 50 yards away drifting the flat when I heard her shouting "FISH ON! FISH ON!" I shouted back, "REEL! REEL!"

She had already landed the fish by the time I could get to her, but it was pretty great watching her chase it around with the net. She decided to get a picture of it in the net, before she took it out. This way, she at least had some proof that she caught the fish before it slipped out of her hands and got away.

I really wish the pictures had come out better, but we forgot the digital camera and only had the disposable in the truck.

It sure was alot of fun to see her first red be a nice one.

Phil
Attachments
sara_red2.gif
sara_red.gif
hookset4

Post by hookset4 »

Front Row......congratulations on your first red!! I wish you many more catches just as memorable as the first.
KK, thanks for posting this one, I never tire of reading about other angler's experiences from a kayak, especially FIRSTS.

-hook
Mrs Backlasher
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Mrs Backlasher »

Sara, Front Row, Super job! Fantastic! The Texas Lady Anglers (TLA) wants you for membership!

Great looking fish, and a big one, too. My first redfish (and only one so far) was a whopping 9 inches long!

Your catch certainly put a smile on my face.

Mrs. B
WORK2PLAY

Nice

Post by WORK2PLAY »

Great catch.
birddogs

Post by birddogs »

good goin sarah. congratulations.
Backlasher
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Backlasher »

Good one! The next ones won't be as hard.
Barry
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Barry »

Phil
Congratulate Sara for me again. She was still smiling late that afternoon when she told me about the fish.
Are y'all going to be at Dean's for the TKF party, I mean meeting this weekend?
Kingwood Kayaker
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Yeah Barry, it's looking like we are going to make it down there. I suppose you guys are coming down too?

Phil
Barry
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Barry »

Kingwood Kayaker wrote:Yeah Barry, it's looking like we are going to make it down there. I suppose you guys are coming down too?

Phil

Phil
Yep, Edie and I will be there. Looking forward to seeing y'all again. As usual, we'll be at the Neptune.
The Wizard

Post by The Wizard »

Sara and Phil,

Now that is really neat. Nothing like the first fish and I am sure just the first of many to come.

Bill
Kingwood Kayaker
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Thanks Bill. It was alot of fun, just wish I wasn't the only person to see it.

But I've got a feeling that the second one will be as exciting as the first.

Barry: It's confirmed. We're headed to AP for the weekend. Should be getting in on Friday night and leaving on Sunday. The neptune was sold out, but give me a shout on the cell and I'll let you know where we land. (Probably Super 8)

Phil
Barry
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Barry »

Kingwood Kayaker wrote:Barry: It's confirmed. We're headed to AP for the weekend. Should be getting in on Friday night and leaving on Sunday. The neptune was sold out, but give me a shout on the cell and I'll let you know where we land. (Probably Super 8)

Phil

Phil
Great, looking forward to seeing y'all again. I'll get up with you on your Cell Phone. If you get in to AP before 8:00 Friday night, swing by the Neptune.