Kayak Camping Trips- Best trip and reccomendations?

jmontusmc

Kayak Camping Trips- Best trip and reccomendations?

Post by jmontusmc »

My brother and I served in the Marine Corps and are commemorating our 10 year anniversary from our deployment to Iraq by taking a Kayak fishing trip for 5-9 days in September or October of this year. any recommendations to kayak camp in Texas would be appreciated. we are very familiar with the outdoors, and looking for something that neither of us will forget. Please, any advice would be appreciated regarding what is the best stretch of river/lake to fish, camp, beautiful scenery, and overall just get out to be one with nature. Thank you in advance, Semper Fi!
aggiejon

Re: Kayak Camping Trips- Best trip and reccomendations?

Post by aggiejon »

I really have no good advice regarding a trip. Just wanted to say thank to you and your brother for your service. Glad you made it home and are able to have this trip.
jmontusmc

Post by jmontusmc »

Yes sir I do appreciate it. Were close as it is, so trying to get back out and do what we know best. Camp in the field haha. I do appreciate though!
Hirsch
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Hirsch »

Go through the trip reports and you will find ideas. I know I have posted several extended trips over the last few yours on the Brazos, Neches and Colorado. Others have as well.
jmontusmc

Post by jmontusmc »

Hirsch wrote:Go through the trip reports and you will find ideas. I know I have posted several extended trips over the last few yours on the Brazos, Neches and Colorado. Others have as well.
Where can you find trip reports on here? New to this and having some difficulty navigating the site. Thanks so much!

Also, is there a place to find gps coordinates to map out good fishing, camping, and hiking? New to freshwater fishing as well so any tips and places like that are much appreciated.
Hirsch
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Hirsch »

First Topic at top. "Camping Reports...All of them".
jmontusmc

Post by jmontusmc »

Thanks everyone, i just missed it. Good info, i do appreciate it!
Basscat77

Post by Basscat77 »

Try the devils river, I hear it is an awesome adventure. I'm planning a trip there soon.