Thanks for the rain

jsharp

Thanks for the rain

Post by jsharp »

I'm glad we got the much needed rain it has brought the lake and rivers up read this morning that lake ivie has come up 5 feet and still rising lake nasworthy is full I know the San Saba here in menard has come up and running I just hope it keeps up there may hope for some fishing spots yet
morgangler

Re: Thanks for the rain

Post by morgangler »

AMEN!!! We've only had about 1.25" here in Abilene, but the news from Concho Valley is encouraging. Heard there were places with over 4".
jsharp

Post by jsharp »

we have a total of just under 5 inches here in menard
morgangler

Post by morgangler »

Used to go to Boy Scout camp at Sol Mayer near Ft. McCavett. Very familiar with that area! Sounds like a lot of runoff in some critical watersheds. Anxious to hear what it does to local lake levels over the next week. Keep us in the loop!
texstrummer

Post by texstrummer »

jsharp wrote:I'm glad we got the much needed rain it has brought the lake and rivers up read this morning that lake ivie has come up 5 feet and still rising lake nasworthy is full I know the San Saba here in menard has come up and running I just hope it keeps up there may hope for some fishing spots yet
Congrats on the nice rain. Do you have update on the rain totals and lake levels. I know you guys got some more south of Abilene last night. Thanks for the info.
jsharp

Post by jsharp »

well here in menard we have had a total of little above 5 inches but I know san Angelo got way more water than we did here I read a report from Concho park marina on lake ivie Reading at 8:15 is 1511.41, which is 40.09 ft low! Fuzzy creek is running wich means the lake is rising and will continue to rise some more lake nasworthy is full they had to open the flood gates on it the concho river in paint rock is over its banks so we have had some water and the lakes and rivers are looking good continue to pray for rain so they will maintain the level
Aggroman
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Aggroman »

I posted this in an Off Topic post for San Angelo, but here it is....

It's been a great few days of rain. Lake Nasworthy went from 50% to over 100% in just 2 days and 8 inches of rain.

Here's some perspective...

This was about a month ago on Pecan Creek that runs into Nasworthy.

This was tonight at the same place but other side of the road.

It's been a blessing. It was getting bad around here. They actually had to open the floodgates and let water out.

More rain to come and we've got 3 more lakes that definitely need more water.

Scott
Slayton

Post by Slayton »

9.5 inches here in Christoval. Washed alot of the nastiness towards Angelo :D . the low crossing at Pugh Park and Mineral Wells Road were still impassable at 2pm today.
morgangler

Post by morgangler »

WOW! How long's it been since they had let water OUT of Nasworthy?!? We only ended up with a weekend total of 1.5" in Abilene. A good little soaker, but not much runoff. I'm doing my very best not to feel jealous of you folks "down South." :cry: