Mertzon, or Beatty Rd

GCARR

Mertzon, or Beatty Rd

Post by GCARR »

Can anyone give me an update, ie water level, clarity, fishing report? Thinking of going fishing Saturday and was looking to get some info.
Bigrock
TKF 6000 Club
TKF 6000 Club

Re: Mertzon, or Beatty Rd

Post by Bigrock »

Spring Creek is it's normal summer self....a little low, clear summer green. Haven't heard how the fishing is going, but any summer day on Spring Creek can turn on.

Can get a little crowded at the low bridge in Mertzon with oilfield guys trying to get a little R&R, but on down in the reservoirs things don't look too bad. Lots of strange kayak looking fisher folk around lately too. I'm sure you can handle the type. :D
Aggroman
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Aggroman »

Nasworthy is still at a good level and never clear, although Beaty Rd stretch isn't as murky as the rest of the lake. I have seen some good fish out of Nasworthy the last few weeks. Mainly around the cattails and docks near the airport early in the morning. Good luck!

Scott
MWS65

Post by MWS65 »

Beaty road is getting back to its old self. It received a good flushing out when they opened up the gates to let water out of nastywater. One thing were you put in at the sand bar is no longer there it 4 or 5 foot deep at the rock edge. Haven't been over in Bigrock country since Apr. but it's always good. Just let Bigrock know when and where he will bring you cold drinks and lunch.