Lady Bird help?

TKFStubb
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Lady Bird help?

Post by TKFStubb »

I'm seriously interested in competing in the CC and KATS tournaments but I don't know squat about your lakes. Would someone like to take this olé BASS semi pro under their wing and show me around?
Shaun Russell

Re: Lady Bird help?

Post by Shaun Russell »

Tom I don't know that lake but can put you in touch with a couple sticks down there that do.
Johninaustin
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Re: Lady Bird help?

Post by Johninaustin »

Fish upstream of the MOPAC bridge. Cleaner, cooler and deeper water due to the outflow from Tom Miller dam. Heavier cover along the banks. Ladybird can vary as much as 10 degrees from one end to the other.

Further downstream of MOPAC is where all the storm drains start to run into Ladybird, leading to heavy weed and trash. I have never done well further downstream than the Lamar bridge. Currently, the weed is too heavy to be fishable in certain places between the Lamar and Congress bridges.

There is a free floating dock launch next to the kayak rental place on Stratford that puts you right there.

The best bite is pretty much timed to dam outflows when LCRA generates. (Afternoons after 4 usually)

Ladybird is HEAVY with paddle traffic. There are over 20 kayak and paddleboard rental operations that put paddlers on the lake starting pretty much at daybreak. You really need to keep a lookout to keep from getting run over by the scullers and sightseeing deckboats.

On the bright side, LOTS of bikinis on paddleboard sightings. :wink: