STS seat for the T-120

Bayhouse

STS seat for the T-120

Post by Bayhouse »

I have been reading about the T-20 and how it has an improved seat. Can you still use the Surf to Summit seat with the T-120? Has anyone done this or is everybody happy with the factory seat?

Thanks for your help

Robert
M-D
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club
Location: No Matter Where I Go, There I Am. No Matter Where I've Been, There I Was. It's A Vicious Cycle.

Post by M-D »

Cant help you with the STS in a T120, but I can tell you that I use a Seairsports self-inflating cushion in the bottom (very comfortable. The drawback is that it wont stay put, and you have to adjust it each time you exit/re-enter the boat.), and the factory backrest. No complaints with the factory backrest. I suppose a little padding wouldn't hurt anything, but so far, I've not seen the need.

M-D
Walrus

STS for Tarpon 120

Post by Walrus »

The STS works well on the Tarpon 120 after you remove the factory backrest. Several other posters have voiced a similar opinion.
Empty Stringer

STS seat on T-120

Post by Empty Stringer »

After reading all the compliments of the stock seat I decided to give it a good try even though my STS seat was hanging in the garage, unused (on this boat, I did use it on my T-160 and really liked it). I took my T-120 out about four times and each time I was in the yak about 4-6 hours. Did fine for the first 2-3 hours then couldn't get comfortable on the seat. I had NO trouble with the seat back. The seat back was never uncomfortable, just the seat bottom. I think some kind of pad on the seat bottom and the stock seat back would be a great combination. But....I still had that STS seat with the rod holders and pouch just hanging in the garage and I KNEW it was comfortable. So, I took off the stock seat back. It's easy. The brackets are held by two bolts easily accessible through the access port directly behind the seat. After taking off the two clamps that hold the stock seat, I put back in the stock bolts to prevent leaks. The seat back has a webbing belt through it. Don't cut it. Just take apart one of the clips near the paddle holders. They come apart pretty easily and you won't damage them. That way it's very easy to take back the seat setup back to stock if you later want to. You only have to take apart one clip to completely remove the webbing belt. I put on the STS seat and got comfort, elevated rod holders and a pouch. Great seat. Very comfortable. Hope this helps some.

Empty Stringer