October. Port A Advice.

Slayton

October. Port A Advice.

Post by Slayton »

I will be in Port A for the first two weeks in October. I use an Ascend 128t to fish my local rivers and would like to try my hand at some flats fishing maybe some drift fishing. We have been fishing the jetty and assorted docks for years and would love to bring my yak this year. Does anyone have advice on where to put in and fish around. I am not used to deep water but would really like to try some saltwater this year. Any advice would be appreciated.

Rusty
Christoval Tx.
Peddle Power
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Re: October. Port A Advice.

Post by Peddle Power »

You can put in at the Lighthouse Lakes launch site or go across 361 and put in on Brown & Root Flats. Another area I used to wade fish at night was off 361 near what used to be call Maga-bar Docks, I think it is called the Fina-docks now. I do not know if there is still public access to that area but it used to produce plenty of trout on live shrimp under a popping cork at night. Good luck.
Z~MAN
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club
Location: RGV,Brownsville,Texas,Kayak: hobie revo-Let's Go Fishin..Coco.!

Re: October. Port A Advice.

Post by Z~MAN »

Peddle Power wrote:You can put in at the Lighthouse Lakes launch site or go across 361 and put in on Brown & Root Flats. Another area I used to wade fish at night was off 361 near what used to be call Maga-bar Docks, I think it is called the Fina-docks now. I do not know if there is still public access to that area but it used to produce plenty of trout on live shrimp under a popping cork at night. Good luck.
X2

Popping cork with DOA's work great too

Let's go Fishin.....Coco
Z-man