*Fishing Report from CABO, MX. Trip,"PANGA-STYLE"! 05/25/15*

Earth's End Kayaker
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club
Location: Richmond/Katy Area - Hobie Outback/ O Peixão Dourado/ The Big Gold Fish

*Fishing Report from CABO, MX. Trip,"PANGA-STYLE"! 05/25/15*

Post by Earth's End Kayaker »

**If your in CABO San Lucas, MEXICO for fishing MAY 25, 2015, maybe this is for you?
$175 gets you on a 31 ft. 8hr. all inclusive fishing charter...

I just closed on a ALL INCLUSIVE, flight, hotel & food for a great price in Expedia(1-866-327-8682)Call them direct to book and they can break the payment into 2 payments. The half now and the difference a month before you fly out.
---------------------------------------------------------
*So here is what I am offering any TKF'er that will be in CABO San Lucas, Mexico over the day that I booked a 31ft Bertram fishing boat for an 8 hour sports fishing trip.

*This is what is included, this will include tip, not your fishing license.
**All Inclusive Bookings**

Consists of: ice, crew, fuel, tackle, 10 live bait*, box lunches, 24 beverages, coffee and sweet rolls before departure, freezing and filleting of catch.

***Fishing Licenses are not included but can be purchased at our office before boarding for $16.00 per person.

I have only 3 spots available. This is a 6 fisherman charter. If you give me $175.00 you have a place on this boat on MAY 25, 2015. I would need at least $75 up front and the remainder a month before this scheduled fish trip.

I was told fishing is great this time of year and so is the weather.
The catches are dorado, marlin, tuna, and other Pelagic fish....

*If your interested post up or pm me direct...

Best regards,
EEK
Attachments
31 ft Bertram 6 person charter
31 ft Bertram 6 person charter
CABO San Lucas, MEXICO, fish date MAY 25, 2015
CABO San Lucas, MEXICO, fish date MAY 25, 2015
Last edited by Earth's End Kayaker on Thu May 28, 2015 2:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CoastieCulture
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Re: *CABO San Lucas, MX for fishing MAY 25, 2015, barter/charter

Post by CoastieCulture »

Tempted! Took a trip there for a bachelor party and we had a blast. Caught a blue marlin and some mahi mahi!
Earth's End Kayaker
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club
Location: Richmond/Katy Area - Hobie Outback/ O Peixão Dourado/ The Big Gold Fish

Re: *CABO San Lucas, MX for fishing MAY 25, 2015, group charter.

Cool, this would be my first time to CABO.
I am really looking forward to this trip. I
will also take my BtB reels, retractable rods,
and lures for kayaking the inner waters.
I hope to catch some of my first Roosters from a yak!....we shall see... :D

EEK
fiSh ZoMbiE

Post by fiSh ZoMbiE »

EEK,

Is this a trolling fishing trip? I mean you guys r not dropping live bait over the side right? Either way its a good price.
Just so everyone knows... trolling means you take turns when the rods go off. So, usually the more people on the
boat the less fish you get to reel in and you dont get to feel the fish hit.
I know because i did a troll trip in Hawaii. We paid triple what your offing. I Wasn't too
happy watching 2 other people reel in our fish. When we got off the boat, the Captain & deck hand sold
our catch to a local resturaunt. :roll: NOT COOL!!! How do you guys do it? Just so we all know what the
deal is.
Earth's End Kayaker
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Well, it's troll, sight cast, and I believe drop as well.
We can cap this at 4 peeps to the 31 footer also if you interested/or others.
The price to get this charter, my cost is $700.00. Individually they mark
it up paying to $250 a person to share some unknowns group charter.

...I am just trying to recoop some of my out of pocket and hang with some fellow TKFers if possible in the process...

*various types of Marlin, sail fish, and mahi for sure will be part of our "could be" catches...

EEK

fiSh ZoMbiE wrote:EEK,

Is this a trolling fishing trip? I mean you guys r not dropping live bait over the side right? Either way its a good price.
Just so everyone knows... trolling means you take turns when the rods go off. So, usually the more people on the
boat the less fish you get to reel in and you dont get to feel the fish hit.
I know because i did a troll trip in Hawaii. We paid triple what your offing. I Wasn't too
happy watching 2 other people reel in our fish. When we got off the boat, the Captain & deck hand sold
our catch to a local resturaunt. :roll: NOT COOL!!! How do you guys do it? Just so we all know what the
deal is.
fiSh ZoMbiE

Post by fiSh ZoMbiE »

When we paid to fish in Maui we left feeling like this:
Since we eat much of what we catch & we paid to fish in paridise, we want to fish and i want the choice to keep my catch.
In Hawaii, at the last minute, as we were boarding, they brought another couple onto our 40+ foot boat.
We understood there was a good chance we'd b the only ones on the boat besides the crew.
Once underway, we learned that only one of them had paid to fish so, this made us feel a lil better about them bringing them on board. Our boat landed 2 fish that trip.
So, in our case at least one fish should have been ours. But, the crew got mixed up & before they could get it straight, they had the one that hadn't paid in the fighting chair cranking away. They charter Co. opologized to us then offered us another trip at 1/2 price (W H A T !!!) but it left such a bad taste in our mouths, we opted not to. I realize they have to make $ but they have to realize we want to land a whooper.

I havent done Cabo yet. It's on the list though. Many have said it's an anglers paridise!
So, like i said, it's a good deal either way. I just believe customers should know excactly whats up.
The best way I've heard it put is, "It's an O P P O R T U N I T Y to catch A fish of a lifetime! Who is the charter?
Fish soup

Post by Fish soup »

I have fished Cabo several times and it's an awesome place. You are going to have a blast.
Good luck and stay safe
Alsatian
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Alsatian »

Earth's End Kayaker wrote:**If your in CABO San Lucas, MEXICO for fishing MAY 25, 2015, maybe this is for you?
$175 gets you on a 31 ft. 8hr. all inclusive fishing charter...

I just closed on a ALL INCLUSIVE, flight, hotel & food for a great price in Expedia(1-866-327-8682)Call them direct to book and they can break the payment into 2 payments. The half now and the difference a month before you fly out.
---------------------------------------------------------
*So here is what I am offering any TKF'er that will be in CABO San Lucas, Mexico over the day that I booked a 31ft Bertram fishing boat for an 8 hour sports fishing trip.

*This is what is included, this will include tip, not your fishing license.
**All Inclusive Bookings**

Consists of: ice, crew, fuel, tackle, 10 live bait*, box lunches, 24 beverages, coffee and sweet rolls before departure, freezing and filleting of catch.

***Fishing Licenses are not included but can be purchased at our office before boarding for $16.00 per person.

I have only 3 spots available. This is a 6 fisherman charter. If you give me $175.00 you have a place on this boat on MAY 25, 2015. I would need at least $75 up front and the remainder a month before this scheduled fish trip.

I was told fishing is great this time of year and so is the weather.
The catches are dorado, marlin, tuna, and other Pelagic fish....

*If your interested post up or pm me direct...

Best regards,
EEK
I'm talking this over with the wife. We have been wanting to go to Cabo for a while. This may be the incentive to get us out there.
Milkjug
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Milkjug »

When we got off the boat, the Captain & deck hand sold
our catch to a local resturaunt. NOT COOL!!!
Agreed. This is what happened when we fished in HI. Same thing happend to a buddy who fished Cabo. The crew gets money for the charter, then they get money when they sell the fish. You get left with a meager share, enough for 1 meal. Whats worse is that these places are deep water-adjacent, so gas costs are minimal compared to here.

The way to avoid this is to clearly ask up-front, with no way for the captain/crew to misinterpret.

Personally I find these trolling trips to be overrrated. The captain makes the game-plan, the crew rigs the tackle and sets the hook/controls the drag initially. You are just there to cough up your cash and crank on a fish (if you are lucky). Pretty much no skill involved. I get more satisfaction planning a yak trip and seeing it all come together on my own. Heck of a lot cheaper too, and sadly enough I come home with more fish meat.
Earth's End Kayaker
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

*Fish Return Report*

I finally got a Rooster fish under my belt!... :D :dance: SON-B's fought an average of 40 minutes until they let me bring them up.
I felt as if I was hung on a reef or something for the the majority of time I was fighting the first one. They are bull fighters
very similar to Jackervalle fish...LOTS of natural raw power.... There was one time we came to a feeding frenzy of large Roosters, IT WAS
AN AMAZING SITE!!! All you could see was churning explosive water on top and lots of Rooster fins coming out of the water all in a mad frenzy...AMAZING!!!

I highly recommend booking some kind of fish trip while out in CABO, MX.

CABO SAN LUCAS, MEXICO
MAY 25, 2015
Panga Style Boat

+ *2 large Roosters
+ *1 small Rooster
+ *1 Jack
+ *4 small>medium Bonita
missed
- 1 Dorado(took air-broke off), at least 3 large Kingfish, and 1 Wahoo at the boat.. :(

**$350(8 hours)/3 people catching fish in CABO Mexico....well worth it!!!
bait and tip not included...**
Attachments
rooster reduced size4.jpg
rooster reduced size3.jpg
rooster reduced size2.jpg
Last edited by Earth's End Kayaker on Thu May 28, 2015 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Earth's End Kayaker
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

another photo...
Attachments
rooster reduced size1.jpg
Living Waters
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club
Location: John 3:16, 1Corinthians 7:31, Proverbs 3:5-6, Matthew 4:19

Re: *Fishing Report from CABO, MX. Trip,"PANGA-STYLE"! 05/25/15*

Post by Living Waters »

Very nice Chris!! :) Congrats on the Rooster :) :mrgreen:
xmatador2000

Post by xmatador2000 »

That's not a panga by any stretch! :) This is what they call a panga in Mexico :lol:
Attachments
panga.jpg
fiSh ZoMbiE

Post by fiSh ZoMbiE »

:clap: good times!
Earth's End Kayaker
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Thanks Mang! Wish you could have made it! There will be a next time!!!

Here's a video of a release, fished kicked off at the very end...>

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a6vexklqdkdnm ... 6.MP4?dl=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Living Waters wrote:Very nice Chris!! :) Congrats on the Rooster :) :mrgreen:
Attachments
image1.JPG
Last edited by Earth's End Kayaker on Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Earth's End Kayaker
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

I guess I got the upgrade! :D

[ :P quote="xmatador2000"]That's not a panga by any stretch! :) This is what they call a panga in Mexico :lol:[/quote]
:P